PDA

View Full Version : ribs?

hangingbasket
04-09-13, 21:39
does anyone else get rib pain?

my right side rib cage has been hurting for about a week. only the right side. It doesnt feel swollen, lumpy or anything and doesnt hurt to touch. It hurts when I move but Im not sure if its muscular or not.

I had this a couple of months ago but it seemed to go away. Now its back, always on the right side.

Anyone else get this?

ankietyjoe
05-09-13, 12:57
I've not had it for a while, but there was a period last year when my left ribs hurt constantly for about 3-4 months for no apparent reason.

Weird!

Spot-the-frog
05-09-13, 20:05
Yep I get, sometimes for months, with me it is muscular.

Eyji1
05-09-13, 23:36
I've had sore ribs for about a year now. It's been getting better for me and I thank exercise for this.

There is a lot of tissue surrounding your ribcage. Muscles, tendons, sinews. All of which can get swollen or sore for no apparent reason. If it hurts when you move it's most likely muscular or skeletal although you would probably noticed if you cracked a rib or something of that sort.

What I'm trying to say is. If the pain is increased through movement it's 98% sure that i'ts muscular. So don't worry a lot over it cause it's probably not as serious as you think it is.

I would also like to add that I've been going for massages. Where I would get both my ribs and diaphragm massaged. It seemed to help a lot.