PDA

View Full Version : yesterday was horrible!

kennethman1
05-09-13, 07:48
it was like the anxious feelings wouldn't go away, sometimes getting stronger and i had to watch videos on youtube until i felt tired to go sleep. why's this?

Annie0904
05-09-13, 11:52
Unfortunately this is how anxiety can be sometimes. It can last for some time and can seem never ending. Once you can accept it and become positive about getting well again it will improve.
My Dads name is Kenneth and it is also the middle name of my youngest son :)

kennethman1
05-09-13, 12:23
Unfortunately this is how anxiety can be sometimes. It can last for some time and can seem never ending. Once you can accept it and become positive about getting well again it will improve.
My Dads name is Kenneth and it is also the middle name of my youngest son :)

i'm hoping that i will eventually control anxiety, but thanks for commenting (y) i just want to know what it is i actually have

nomorepanic
05-09-13, 12:26
Have you been diagnosed with anxiety etc?

kennethman1
05-09-13, 16:29
Have you been diagnosed with anxiety etc?

i'm seeing a counseller/psyciatrist , seen him about two weeks, hopefully he can help me...help myself

nomorepanic
05-09-13, 16:50
Ok that is good news then

In the mean time please do read some of the website pages over there on the left as they may help you as well

kennethman1
05-09-13, 17:22
Ok that is good news then

In the mean time please do read some of the website pages over there on the left as they may help you as well

okay thank you

Daveo
06-09-13, 12:51
I was all over the place not eating and sleeping very little recently due to my own problems, TV annoys me now days so I started to watch YouTube videos on my iPad in bed, they gave me something to focus on and take my mind off things at night and sleep.

Listening to the voices shut out the thoughts that was making me anxious.

I couldn't sleep for a few weeks without having a video on in the background, I started to develop a sleep pattern again with the videos which helped me get through the day better, I stopped having afternoon naps and went to bed at a normal hour ready to just sleep.

Your brain is just active and needs help to relax, some like to read a book, listen to music, go for a walk, even sleep with the TV on, you like to watch YouTube videos.

Don't worry about it, you've found a way to relax, enjoy it.

kennethman1
06-09-13, 15:06
I was all over the place not eating and sleeping very little recently due to my own problems, TV annoys me now days so I started to watch YouTube videos on my iPad in bed, they gave me something to focus on and take my mind off things at night and sleep.

Listening to the voices shut out the thoughts that was making me anxious.

I couldn't sleep for a few weeks without having a video on in the background, I started to develop a sleep pattern again with the videos which helped me get through the day better, I stopped having afternoon naps and went to bed at a normal hour ready to just sleep.

Your brain is just active and needs help to relax, some like to read a book, listen to music, go for a walk, even sleep with the TV on, you like to watch YouTube videos.

Don't worry about it, you've found a way to relax, enjoy it.

yeah hopefully, but what i don't get is that it came on randomly? does that happen to you?

Daveo
06-09-13, 16:34
It all started by a random panic attack 5 years ago, worst thing I did was let it beat me down, thinking why it happened, what if it happens again and I started to avoid things rather than face it head on.

If you start to feel anxious don't panic and wonder why it's happening, do something you enjoy. YouTube videos, take a walk, listen to some music. If you find yourself sat there thinking will it happen tonight get up and do something to focus on.

Keep active, keep yourself busy :)

kennethman1
06-09-13, 22:07
It all started by a random panic attack 5 years ago, worst thing I did was let it beat me down, thinking why it happened, what if it happens again and I started to avoid things rather than face it head on.

If you start to feel anxious don't panic and wonder why it's happening, do something you enjoy. YouTube videos, take a walk, listen to some music. If you find yourself sat there thinking will it happen tonight get up and do something to focus on.

Keep active, keep yourself busy :). sorry i'm going to ramble but , i feel uneasy that my mind could wander and keep thinking at the back of my mind 'what if i started getting anxious randomly now it's happened before, will i be like this forever?,there's no-one to save me' most of the time i feel like i need to distract myself (talk to people, go on ipod) because i'm scared of getting another panicky episode. during the day, whenever i think of this, i might get a lingering feeling of nausea and this makes me unhappy and drained. scared of getting a panic attack in certain situations where i think i might get one