PDA

View Full Version : You can't make a complain about a GP!

Darren1
05-09-13, 09:04
OMG I have put myself into a panic

Yesterday I was convinced the right thing to do was make a complaint to the practice manager. Last night I was googling people who make complaints and now I am terrified. Basically what happens a lot of the time is the GP just decides to struck you off their list. They have the power to do this without reason. The most common reason is that the trust relationship has broken down - this is true but it would mean the complaint is pointless! I want to complain so that I get sent for an MRI or taken more seriously!

Anyone have experience of this>?

My anxiety has crept up today, feel like im being left to die.

emlica
05-09-13, 09:23
I would have thought that if you were upset enough with your GP to make a complaint, then it's better for both parties if that person isn't your GP any more. It doesn't mean the complaint is pointless - at the very least it might mean the GP is 'spoken to' and future patients don't have to go through the same thing. You can register with a different practice.

Brunette
05-09-13, 09:32
Hi Darren,

The problem is that you don't believe your doctor because he's telling you there's nothing wrong with you.

As others have said, his approach might be a bit off, but he's not actually doing anything wrong, therefore I don't see that your complaint would hold much weight.

It's easy enough to change your doctor but will you believe what the new one tells you?

That's the issue you really need to address.

jackieann3
05-09-13, 09:33
Hello there I made a few complaints about one of the doctors at my surgery a couple of years ago and they got rid of him it wasn't just my complaint I later found out others were complaining as well I've not heard doctors can refuse to see you and not give a reason I would take it further if you can , I wish well x

unsure_about_this
05-09-13, 19:32
Hi Darren

My parents have fears I could be struck off the GP practice list I attend because I been a lot of times during the last 24 months. My parents say don't you trust doctors, you have all the tests done you can have (I have had a few scans MRI, CT scan, ultrasound all abdominal) plus sig camera up the rear end.

Do I trust doctors well it is hard to, even though nothing has been found. I still fear very much of my health.

Darren1
06-09-13, 10:14
Hi Darren

My parents have fears I could be struck off the GP practice list I attend because I been a lot of times during the last 24 months. My parents say don't you trust doctors, you have all the tests done you can have (I have had a few scans MRI, CT scan, ultrasound all abdominal) plus sig camera up the rear end.

Do I trust doctors well it is hard to, even though nothing has been found. I still fear very much of my health.

well ive decided not to complain.

im going to try a chiropractor for my neck pain, maybe next week.

then i am going to visit my gp one more time. if that fails im going private for an MRI of my neck.

that will then need to be the end of my tests if nothing is found.

nomorepanic
06-09-13, 10:25
Do you know how much an MRI is Darren?

Darren1
06-09-13, 13:47
Do you know how much an MRI is Darren?

I phoned the private hospital and they told me £194 per body part.

Does that sound right?

nomorepanic
06-09-13, 14:01
My partner just had one done - a head MRI and it was £550!

yenool
06-09-13, 14:52
I phoned the private hospital and they told me £194 per body part.

Does that sound right?

I think that is pretty much as cheap as you can get it done - I remember researching on behalf of a family member a year or two back and the lowest was about £200 per 'area' scanned. I don't know if that price is just for the scan or if it includes the consultant report of the scan too.

They will most likely want a referral from your GP though. Is your GP happy to do that? Have you not already had an MRI scan on the NHS anyway?

Darren1
06-09-13, 16:59
no i had a ct scan. my gp is happy to refer but to be honest im going to get the referral from somebody else. chiropractors can refer!

xvolatileheart
06-09-13, 22:14
If you had a CT, why do you need an MRI?

Darren1
09-09-13, 08:45
it is more accurate i believe