PDA

View Full Version : People telling you "atleast it isnt serious"!!!!!!

Darren1
05-09-13, 09:08
After all this agonising about my health and going through medical tests (which haven't found anything) do you know what hurts the most?

Family saying to me "Well atleast you know it's nothing serious" !!!!!!

No, I DONT know it isn't serious, I still think it is serious! Arrghh
Anyone else get infuriated by such comments?

Darbysa
05-09-13, 09:28
Darren
Believe me, the constant worry is serious. I know exactly what you mean. People don't mean to be flippant. They're just relieved for you.
You made a chiro appointment yet?

nomorepanic
05-09-13, 12:21
It is not serious and you have to keep telling yourself that.

The sooner you believe this the sooner you can start getting better.

Your family are relieved it is NOTHING bad - that is all

Fishmanpa
05-09-13, 12:50
It truly IS serious! It's serious in that YOU take it seriously!

Anxiety related symptoms are real and if YOU allow them to, they will take you down! It's imperative that you believe and take seriously what the doctors have said and take the steps to help yourself.

People aren't being insensitive to your plight. They're just relieved it's not a serious physical/medical condition. While anxiety issues are serious, they're not deadly by any means. I assure you as one that has suffered through serious physical/medical conditions, you're in better position to get better than I ever was.

Positive thoughts and prayers

emlica
05-09-13, 13:07
I think that's a pretty normal reaction from your family to be honest - they hear 'the blood tests (or whatever tests) didn't show anything dodgy' so their reaction is 'well then it's nothing serious, that's nice'. Not unreasonable really! Realistically you *should* know it isn't anything 'physically' serious if the tests are saying it isn't. People without HA don't get that what's serious is the A part rather than the H part.

Brunette
05-09-13, 13:35
Actually emilica, I would also say that people with HA have difficulty grasping that it's the A part and not the H part that's the problem.

meche
05-09-13, 14:09
I know exactly where you're coming from (I've been there many a time) but trust me - there will come a point when you figure out for yourself that it really isn't serious and move on. It may take a while but it'll happen. I flipped between 2 very serious illnesses for a while but the whole time I was still able to carry on with every day life and a year down the line I'm still alive and have no worsening symptoms. Infact, all my symptoms are gone. I don't know of any serious illness that presents itself in that way. Once you get your head round that and accept it, then the recovery journey can begin. Often people don't know what to say and they are just trying to reassure you. Big hugs. xx

Lea2109
05-09-13, 14:43
I can relate to this completely! I've been told the exact same thing today!!