PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to find healing

Jobriel
05-09-13, 20:00
I am a 34 year old woman. I have had panic attacks, anxiety, and bouts of depression for the past 9 years. In the past few years I have had an increase in anxiety and it has reached a point where I feel certain that I am dying a few times every day, but I do not have panic attacks that accompany that feeling. I still have panic attacks, but the feeling is somewhat different. I generally think that I am dying, which causes me to have a panic attack. This is interfering with my enjoyment of life and is exacerbating my depression. I am a generally positive and proactive person, but the feeling of dying makes me lethargic. I have a healthy lifestyle; no caffeine, no alcohol, healthy food...ect. I really need help. I saw my Dr. and he said that I had depression and anxiety, but did not think there was really anything to do about it. He said that I have too much on my plate and that counselling would only add to the things I need to do, and that medication is not really effective. I don't want to be on medication, so that was ok with me. I am getting desperate for help. I have read every book on the subject that I can get my hands on, and I tend to feel empowered for a few days, but then I am hit with physical symptoms that make me think I am dying. Any help I could get would be a HUGE help. Thank you in advance.

Annie0904
05-09-13, 21:01
Hi Welcome to NMP I am sure you will find lots of support here.