PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains but not panicking

Rennie1989
03-07-04, 13:36
is this common[:O]

im getting chest pains but im not having a panic attack!!!![Ugh][No]

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

seh1980
03-07-04, 15:57
hi Scootergirl,

I get chest pains the whole time when I'm not having a panic attack. I think it's just a symptom of anxiety - not of a panic attack.

Rennie1989
04-07-04, 13:02
ow right, cheers sarah!!!

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

nomorepanic
04-07-04, 17:41
Hi Jade and Sarah

This is from my website ...

Heart palpitations/chest pains

One of the most worrying symptoms is chest pains or a tight feeling in your chest. The immediate thought is "heart attack" or "stroke" and this only worries you more. You may also notice that your heartbeat is incredibly fast and again this leads to the worry that you will have a heart attack. There is no evidence that Panic and anxiety has any adverse effect on the heart and the pains are easily explained. When you start panicking the whole of you body becomes tense and your muscles tense up also. This is also true of the heart as after all it is just another (albeit very important) muscle.

The chest pains are due to the constricting of the heart muscles and apparently the best cure is to start exercising and stretching these muscles to relieve the pain. Although you may not feel like doing any exercise whilst getting these pains, try stretching your arms above and behind your head and bending over gently to relieve the pain. If you are worried that it may be a heart problem, then make an appointment to see your G.P. who will be able to rule out any heart problems.

If your G.P. has given you the all clear then do not be alarmed if the chest pains come back and last for more than a day and you think it is related to panic, although it is painful and worrying, the pains will go away if you try gentle exercise and not think about them.

Nicola

Rennie1989
04-07-04, 20:32
thanx nice :D

wat about breathin difficulties whilst having chest pains???

thanx for the advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Scooter Girl

sarah
04-07-04, 23:07
Hiya Jade

How you mean breathing problems?
You having them too?

Sorry mate but its all part and parcel of this lovely panic we have.
Try breathing in for 2 and out for 3 and that will calm you down and get you breathing properly again.

Take care
love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Rennie1989
06-07-04, 21:38
yeah sarah, quite often, y anyway

i h8 panicking now, horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx sarah :D

Scooter Girl

HB
07-07-04, 13:07
you seem to have a fear of not being able to breathe, like you told me of being sick, am i right?

H

Rennie1989
07-07-04, 19:45
i suppose so, AND NEEDLES NOW, after havin the tb im well ill

Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
08-07-04, 20:58
aaaaaaaaaaa, i had these really horrid chest pains, every time i breathed in there would be these really sharp pains

its gettin annoyin now!!!!!!!!!!

Scooter Girl

april tones
15-07-04, 23:50
hi scooter girl, i get them. Have for years, they harmless i think. I have asthma too so its even worse whencant breathe from anxiety, love april x

apriltones