PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection

kimmy
23-10-06, 19:11
Ok im here just to have a rant really. Ive had a bad cough now for about 3 weeks, on the 2nd week I went to see my local nurse and she gave me inhalors because my peek flow was down asthma (not too much)
one was a steroid inhalor. A week later I didnt feel any better and was coughing up some gunk, so the doctor gave me some antibiotics. ok a week later, seems to be getting a bit worse, got sniffles, achey where ive been coughing so much, Ive finished my antibiotics now too. I have some cough medicine and greatstuff my peekflow has gone up too!! Now the doctor today did some questions about how I am, I explained i still didnt feel better and he was thinking for a while, now he has said can I come back at the end of the week if im not any better and hell speak to another GP. Im SCARED of what it maybe, he wasnt my normal GP but a locum, he knew my history of anxiety to an extent but not like my normal GP. Im worried now about what it maybe, he has said it may just be a viral infection of which im sure it is, im still taking my inhalors as told. But because I have a cold, a bit of a tight chest for anyone it would be difficult to breathe. But the tightness of chest etc is bringing back sensations of panic attacks. Dont get me wrong Im noooooo where near as anxious as I was at my worst, infact im great. BUT sometimes I think is my genuine anxiety my anxiety disorder coming back and im blowing it all out of control? What if my tight chest and me getting a bit dizy isnt the fact im getting anxious and breathing shallow but there is something wrong.

Im sorry ots a long thread but talking to people who understand helps so much xx

candie
23-10-06, 23:58
Hi kimmy,
Youve got to try and think positive,youve got a bad cold infection thingy,thats all.
You said yourself that your anxiety hasnt been bad at all lately so its more than likely just the bad cold thats causing you to feel like crap.
When im having a bad time with anxiety i get fluey symptoms quite a lot so i can understand why youre thinking the way you do.

Hope this has helped a little and keep smiling,Candie xx:D

kimmy
24-10-06, 13:44
Thanks Candie, I feel alot better today, anxiety was just takling over yesterday :) Feel much ,more positive today xx