PDA

View Full Version : Pleurisy

mummyanxious
06-09-13, 11:11
So if anyone saw my post from last night I was awake with stabbing pains under my rib, couldn't take a deep breath etc.
Starting to panic I went to the dr and he said I have rub on my lung and its pleurisy. Got some antibiotics. That's what causes the stabbing pain apparently.
Anyway he had a good listen to my chest and said sometimes people do require an X-ray. He didn't think it was a clot. But of course the mere mention of the clot has made me freak and worry what if it is.
And I could have been on antibiotics two days ago, why wasn't it spotted then :(

Darbysa
06-09-13, 13:01
Hi mummy
Glad you've got to the bottom of this. I have seen that you have been quite poorly. If you think logically (I know that's hard!) then the way you have been feeling with a high temperature, all points to pleurisy. I don't think a clot would have those symptoms. I know a couple of friends who've had this and it all cleared up with antibiotics. It's a nasty illness though so I think it will take time for you to feel better.
Take care
Sal

mummyanxious
06-09-13, 15:09
Thanks. Hoping to feel a little better soon as I was so uncomfortable last night, like someone was ripping my side open with a knife!

mummyanxious
06-09-13, 23:40
Anyone have any experiences of pleurisy?

anxietygal
07-09-13, 02:29
I had pleurisy twice growing up (before HA) and it was the most painful illness I ever had. But it did go away with antibiotics and I don't remember it taking more than a single round each time.

And, yes, it felt like a stabbing in my ribs with every breath. It's a miserable illness but easily treatable so you should feel better soon!

mummyanxious
07-09-13, 06:56
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Generally I'm feeling improved today after just two anti biotics. However while the cracking noise in my chest, phlegm and stabbing have improved my chest feels tight and dry and like I'm short of breath. I know I can breath, maybe I'm just worrying unnecessarily I don't know, my sats were ok at the dr yesterday at 99% oxygen though my pulse a little quick, good bp etc (though not sure 110/80 is the best I've heard). Feel like my chest is all tickly. At least I had a comfortable night!

---------- Post added at 06:56 ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 ----------

Perhaps I'm still thinking about the blot clot or pneumonia

Darbysa
07-09-13, 07:30
Glad you are starting to feel a bit better and you have had a good nights sleep. Put those thoughts of clots right out of your mind and take care of yourself.
Sal x

mummyanxious
07-09-13, 13:19
I was told I had pleurisy yesterday. I wish he hasn't told me about looking for blood. I'm still worried it could be a clot even though I have no risk factors or had any trauma. I've had a chesty cough and temperature so that's the most likely cause. I'm scrutinising everything I cough up. Today I coughed something that was a little bit more browner than green sorry tmi and I'm sure there was the faintest bit of a fleck in it. But I'm not certain but I'm panicking. My side aches now. My temperature has gone though so small things I suppose.
I hate being poorly, I'm such an awful patient.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Oh but I keep thinking that I've had a few bruises lately so maybe a clot has come from one of those or maybe the bruises are suggesting I have a clotting problem inside too :(

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

And now I wish I hadn't looked on the Internet but I was trying to find some natural aids to make me more comfortable. Can lead to collapsed lungs and pneumonia. Can be congestive heart failure causing it. Aagghhh!