PDA

View Full Version : forgot my tablet today, cant get it til tomorrow

Darren1
06-09-13, 13:17
I am staying at a friends tonight and forgot to bring my prozac with me, which i take at 5pm everyday.

I won't be able to go home and get it for today.

I will be home by 1pm tomorrow - what should i do?

ive only been on them for 6 weeks and worried it will send me backwards?

nomorepanic
06-09-13, 13:20
well ideally you should get it

can't someone bring it over?

Darren1
06-09-13, 13:29
nobody can bring it to me. if i go home to get the tablet it's a 2 hour trip!

is it really that vital? what will happen?

Elen
06-09-13, 13:33
Darren I have forgotten prozac before and while not ideal it is fine.

It has a long half life so there is a fair degree of flexibility in taking it, unlike some other drugs.

If it were me I would take it as soon as I got back tomorrow.

Try not to worry over it.

Elen

Tessar
06-09-13, 13:35
Hello Darren. I'd not worry about it because although it is preferable to always take it daily & at the same time..... the odd one probably wont make a difference. If you regularly missed a dose then of course that would have an impact but I've been on and off fluoxetine/prozac for a long time & have often fogotten the occasional dose. Its not affected me at all so I'm sure you'll be ok.
I really dont think you will notice a difference so meanwhile, keep busy, dont wind yourself up over it & then when you are able, you can take the next one. I am certain you will be fine.

Darren1
06-09-13, 13:40
when i start taking them again tomorrow, has anyone found a difference in taking them morning vs evening?

MastiffMan
06-09-13, 13:46
I would take it as soon as I got home. I would not expect it to be an issue. As far as the best time to take it, I think that is a personal choice made by the individual. A while back I was on 40mg generics and had a difficult time with them in the morning (swallowing). I started taking them at bed time and did not have an issue. I take 20mg at bed time now. Prozac in the past has made me sleepy throughout the day @ 40mg.

Tessar
06-09-13, 20:40
Darren, I always used to take me first thing in the morning as I thought that was the best time. Some people do prefer to take it in the evening but I'm sure I read somewhere that some people have trouble sleeping? I think so but it's never done that to me. N fact, I started to take it in the evening hoping it would stop me over sleeping but it had no effect. For me, trying to take it at the same time each day is just to ensure I remember. It's good to have a routine isn't it.

anthrokid
07-09-13, 02:32
Hey Darren,

Just take it when you get home and you should be fine :) There can be differences between taking it in the morning and evening, but it's best just to have i as soon as you can then return to normal the next day. You shouldn't suffer any setbacks or problems from missing one. It would only occur if you missed it for 3 or more days :)

Darren1
09-09-13, 08:46
i took it 20hours later and was fine :)

Tessar
09-09-13, 09:16
excellent & thanks for letting us know :-)

jared
07-10-13, 00:56
Not to freak anybody out, but I missed a dose and within 4 hours of not taking it at my prescribed time, I went totally ballistic panic mode. Derealization, depersonalization, shaking, losing control, all of this and I had to drive home an hour away because I was out of town. Couldn't get any because the pharm was closed. All I'm gonna say is I will never miss another dose and I keep them on me and in my car. I take 10mg. I am especially sensitive to medication. Worst experience of my life.