PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

PeterC
06-09-13, 13:55
:hugs:
My name is Pete and i'm from Leicester,44yrs young.
I have had panic attacks from the age of 10, so 34 yrs on and off of panic attacks. My worst ones were when I was 18 and was on holiday in Wales with friends and my attack got so out of control I ended up in a local town hospital in Twyn and was oxygen to help calm me and bring me round, great holiday that was. Had them on and off until the next big one at the age of 32 whilst driving on the M6 with my family in the car and was in the outside lane and had one massive one! how to this day I got through 4 lanes of traffic to the hard shoulder without remembering how and not having or causing an accident is incredible! Had counselling which took a year to get back behind the wheel of a car again. Coped fairly well since and had many bad attacks but coped better with them.
They have recently kicked back in after a car journey down south to see my parents, come back on the A46 and had a bad one again and pulled over, the whole journey from Minehead to Leicester took 6 hrs with not much traffic! ( I like many avoid motorways). I had 2 panic attacks yesterday in my car again just travelling 20 miles away! Taken today off work to get some rest to help me be fresh for Monday.
Hope to speak to some of you on here and share experiences and help.
Many thanks:hugs:
Pete

Speranza
06-09-13, 14:55
Hi there, I can empathise with those panic attacks... luckily I don't get them very often. Welcome!

PeterC
06-09-13, 21:35
Thank you:welcome:. I used to think when I was younger that I was the only one that suffered from them lol but what a big wide world it is out there and loads the same. Nice to speak to you
Pete X

MRS STRESS ED
06-09-13, 21:42
:welcome:lots of help and support here

PeterC
07-09-13, 11:35
Thank you Mrs Stress ! ED
xx

kennethman1
07-09-13, 12:19
like you, why did i get a random panic attack te other day? i was just sleeping then woke up... boom there it was. i also had a random one o holiday three weeks before but was fine when i got back? i'm confused

PeterC
07-09-13, 12:36
Quite common Kenneth, Can be due to disturbed sleep pattern or over stressed about something. Many reasons why but you will find out what triggers yours off then work on that and look for solutions, we are all here to help.
Pete

kennethman1
07-09-13, 12:40
things is though, i was fine throughout the morning, happy etc...? is there any way to prevent them i advance, or get rid of them completely? :(