PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you have health anxiety?

skippy66
06-09-13, 15:27
Quick question for which I would appreciate your input,

do you believe that you have health anxiety and that health anxiety is causing most of your symptoms, or do you believe that you are really seriously ill?

illgetthere
06-09-13, 17:19
Both when I'm ok I no I'm suffering health anxiety when I have something bad I'm convinced I'm dying :( vicious circle that I can't break

breeze25
06-09-13, 18:12
A few years ago I used to be really bad where it affected my life on a daily basis, the symptoms of stress and anxiety were making me think I had some life threatening illness. Now I pretty much have my health anxiety in check I feel better, Even had some health issues recently that I coped with well, whereas a few years ago I would have been convinced I was dying.

kerri
06-09-13, 19:27
I would say both as sometimes I can be rational and think its just health anxiety but if im going through a really bad patch I do tend to think that its not just anxiety and that the doctors have written me off and I am being left to die

Tilly Flop
06-09-13, 19:37
Tis is kind of linked to a post I made earlier on the symptoms sub topic bit, basically wondering if I have symptoms because I'm anxious or am I anxious about my symptoms (and are they down to something else?!). :unsure:

kerri
06-09-13, 19:40
Tis is kind of linked to a post I made earlier on the symptoms sub topic bit, basically wondering if I have symptoms because I'm anxious or am I anxious about my symptoms (and are they down to something else?!). :unsure:

That is exactly how I feel

Tilly Flop
06-09-13, 19:47
That is exactly how I feel

It feels like half of my brain is telling me that I need to realise its all down to anxiety and it'll start to feel better. The other half is saying 'that's all well and good, but what if its NOT...' I also wonder if anxiety can just make you feel generally rotten - achey and tired and, well, rotten. :ohmy:

hadenough
06-09-13, 19:51
I try my utmost to believe its health anxiety but at times like this I truly believe that I am seriously ill. I wish with all my heart that I could accept its HA but once Ive 'gone under' I find it impossible.

kerri
06-09-13, 20:14
It feels like half of my brain is telling me that I need to realise its all down to anxiety and it'll start to feel better. The other half is saying 'that's all well and good, but what if its NOT...' I also wonder if anxiety can just make you feel generally rotten - achey and tired and, well, rotten. :ohmy:

I think the same way, almost like if I accept its health anxiety and dont bother the doctors and then it turns out to be serious and by then its too late. It seems like one big vicious circle :scared15:

xvolatileheart
06-09-13, 22:18
Depends what time of day you ask me! When I'm feeling okay, I believe it's HA. When I have an attack of symptoms out of nowhere, I'm convinced I have something physically wrong. Feels like a neverending cycle.

Speranza
07-09-13, 00:43
I'm pretty clear it's HA most of the time, and can rationalise quite well. Sometimes a new symptom will take me by surprise and fool me for a bit.

nomorepanic
07-09-13, 00:48
So if you were seriously ill what would that mean?

What if you had a lifelong illness to live with?