PDA

View Full Version : Unreal related to breathing ?

clarabell
23-10-06, 21:07
i keep getting these weird moments which are freaking me out, last night as i was half asleep i got a weird feeling in my stomach like anxiety but different, my brain feels like it has lost it, and i was so scared cos i could not keep my eyes open, felt like i had been drugged, then all through the night kept waking up with the same feeling.

woke this morning feeling like crap, didnt know where i was and what i am doing felt on the egde all day, cant explain the feeling, like everything is dark when i look around as if i am out of it, my breathing has been really bad all day, breathing in my chest only, doing my head in

can anyone relate, god i sound crazy x

yorkylover
23-10-06, 23:18
Sounds like anxiety,it causes all sorts of strange feelings.
take care

Ellen XX

tam
24-10-06, 00:34
hi clarabell yes i get that feeling a lot.i get it when my breathing is not right and i am not breathing proper.i def think if i breath proper the sympton goes.love tracy

Insomniac
24-10-06, 14:42
Hi Clarabell

Anciety causes so many symptoms, a lot of which are affected by breathing. If you can concentrate on breathing regularly it helps. I find if my outbreath is slightly longer than my inbreath, this helps regulate the oxygen levels and you feel better. My mind does wander when I'm anxious and the breathing exercise is hard to stick with, but I just start it again when I realise and carry on.

There is some useful info on derealisation and breathing etc in symptoms on the home page I was reading this morning...
Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa.

jdoody
24-10-06, 15:23
Hi Clarabell
Yes I have these unreal feelings sometimes, my councilor told me they were my bodies way of coping with the stress of anxiety so almost like it shuts down to give you a break, I welcome these feelings now because it gives me a break from the constant obsession with my breathing. The best thing I have found for the unreal feeling is a hot bath and good book, as for the breathing the only thing that works for me is if I am completely absorbed in something else usually cleaning or out with my friends, anything where I have chance to think about it such as resting or watchinga film just makes it worse.

J.Doody

ugy
26-10-06, 01:49
Eyup Clarabell!

The weird feelings of unreality are definitely the worst aspect of being anxious, I reckon.
They make it difficult to explain to anyone else (never mind feeling absurd!) what's going on in you.
You've done a pretty good job, though.
So I just want to say you're not alone and try to explain how to feel hopefully a little better.

I get those feelings most often if I have a cup of tea in the evening. Something to do with the body's chemistry as it prepares to sleep on an anxious mind, sends it racing off to all kinds of weird and generally not so wonderful places.

Seriously, don't worry about it. I used to think I was going mad too. We're not. It's just a mix of chemicals in the brain!

If you ever need some comfort in the middle of some chaotic daydream, remember that artists throughout history have been attempting to get into that state to get their ideas! Now how crazy must they be!
Let those crazy thoughts come and don't worry about them. They don't make you bad and they don't make you mad. The less you worry, the more sleep you'll get and the less exhausting anxiety will be.

Accept yourself as the artist you are!

ugy

Take my adrenal gland. Please.