PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! skin rash and seroxat for 20 years

sandysan
06-09-13, 20:38
hi guys

i have had this skin rash for 4 months now, i have been on seroxat for 21 years , but in april this year i asked my doctore if i could try another tablet which was certraline ,, i lasted 2 months on it it didnt do me any good...i went back to my gp and asked to go back on seroxat '

within this time i started to get a small rash on my top leg didnt think anymore of it . then it started to spread all round the middle of my stomach, under boobs , went back to the doc wh give me canestan, didnt work ,,, anyway cut a long story very short , this went on for 4 months the rash spread , i ended up at a dermatologist , had a skin biopsy ,,,,,
they diagnosed the skin rash GRANULOMOUR ANNULARE ,,, basically it is a druyg reaction ,,, caused through PAROXETINE,,

I WONDERED IF THIS IS TRUE AS I SAID I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR 21 YEARS WITH A BREAK OF 2 MNTHS,,,,
CAN YOU BE ON A DRUG FOR 21 YEARS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN HAVE AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO THAT DRUG ,,,

THANKS PLEASE HELP

Anxious_gal
06-09-13, 21:44
You can develop an allergy to anything, anytime. It's not common but it does happen.

vetran32
07-09-13, 13:55
Hi sandysan how are you now