PDA

View Full Version : Research into Health Anxiety

nomorepanic
23-10-06, 21:15
Do you spend a great deal of time worrying about your health? Do you have difficulty trying to stop thoughts about health and illness?

My name is Robin Bailey and I am a volunteer with the National Phobic Society, in the process of completing my MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at the University of Chester. As part of my course I am doing some research into what effect trying to stop thoughts about health issues has upon anxiety about health.

I am looking for participants who worry about their health a lot. If you chose to take part in the study you will be asked to fill in three short questionnaires at your own convenience, no interviews or experiments are involved in this study. A stamp addressed envelope will be provided for you to return the questionnaires once completed. All information which is collected about you during the course of the research will be kept strictly confidential. There will be no personally identifying information used. The University of Chester’s psychological ethics committee have reviewed the research and consider it ethically viable.

The benefits of taking part in the study is that it may assist in gaining further understanding of how certain factors may make anxiety about health quite distressing, and keep anxiety going.
It is hoped that the information we get from this study may help design further treatments for people who have anxiety about their health.

If you are interested in taking part in this research, please feel free to contact me on the information provided below.

Thank you.

Name: Robin Bailey
Email: robin.bailey@blueyonder.co.uk

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola