PDA

View Full Version : Yellow throat spot..

Jo1981
07-09-13, 08:57
Ok so i have had this yellow throat spot for about a year now and sometimes it goes away but always comes back :-( its very small and doesnt hurt or irritate me i could of had it for longer but only noticed it since being anxious..i have never been to the doctors about it but while the doctor checked my throat it was there and she didnt say anything..also had dentist appointments and they have never mentioned it so im hoping thats a good sign..just wondered if anyone has had anything like this? Thanks Jo

cassy1989
07-09-13, 09:50
Hi, I've never had this but it sounds like a good sign that your dentist and dr have never mentioned it. However you should go to your dr and tell them about it to put your mind at rest xx

kerri
07-09-13, 10:14
Hello, I have a white spot on my tonsil, it doesnt hurt and the Dr didnt seem concerned. I do have an appointment with ENT as I have a feeling that my throat is blocked. My GP has said its likely to be Globus because I have no difficulty in swallowing.

Jo1981
07-09-13, 10:59
Thanks for your replies im just feeling over anxious at the moment for some reason:weep:..as it doesnt usualy bother me the fact that i have seen the doctor and also 3 different dentists in the last year which i had xrays with and a mouth examination..i need to relax a bit..x

Freddiemercury
09-09-13, 19:45
Hi Jo,

If it makes you feel better, my aunt is in remission from throat cancer and I can tell you, her progress was fast and that thing in her throat never went away. She had a spot on her throat that was blown off as an abscess for a month until she saw an ENT. It changed almost daily in color and she was extremely fatigued. It seemed like the thing was just growing and changing all the time. I think that the fact that yours goes away and comes back is a really good sign, and also that the doctor and dentists have found nothing. Her ENT knew immediately when he saw it that it was something bad. The doc who had previously missed it was a resident rushing her through our emergency care system where she had to go because she didn't have insurance...but that's a soapbox I won't get on today!! So I think any doctor or dentist worth his weight would pick up on it right away. Maybe when the spot is present you can have your doc check it to put your mind at ease.

Jo1981
09-09-13, 20:10
Thank you so much for taking your time to reply..sorry to hear about your aunty though..mine has been there for a year and a half my husband reminded me the other day and it never changes colour or shape and sometimes goes away..and the fact that my doctor and dentists have looked in my throat and never said anything reasures me a bit..my counselor also looked at it and he said he thinks it could also be something to do with my anxiety he said i probably wouldnt of noticed it if i wasnt anxious..
thanks again
Jo