PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Panic/IBS ... Not Again?!

mat74
07-09-13, 12:56
Afternoon all

Once again I find myself posting a thread in the lead up to going away. Remember this: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=137200

OK, so 3 months ago 18 of us booked up to go to Liverpool for a weekend to celebrate a birthday, this happens on 13-15 September. AGAIN in the lead up to this I find my anxiety and panic at its peak - constant worry about being ill and not enjoying the break, worry that I am ill when away, worrying I won't enjoy ANY of the time there even though we all have plans for the whole break i.e. pub, club, football etc

This worry has brought on a big IBS flare up which I have not had in ages, you know, constipation then diarrhea, stomach cramps, lethargy etc and generally not feeling like I can look forward to anything even though I want to!

A week to go and I am worrying about packing and what to take, meeting up for the trains, how much I can drink and whether I will be ill through it and also worrying that I will not be in the mood to go out at all and end up spending my time confined to a hotel room.

I promised myself I must make the effort, if I cannot handle alcohol I will have to not have it although I want to as I want the fun element and banter.

I am armed with paracetamol, colofac, pepto-bismol etc so I can self manage any problems and I guess that is all can do.

I know this all stems from my anxiety, I build up to an event and convince myself I will not be well and not enjoy it and I have told myself that after this NO MORE breaks or holidays as I simply cannot cope any more.

Maybe I need a psychiatrist to help me as I am evidently incapable of fun, enjoyment and a social life - all I want to do is sleep and stay in.

I want my life back, it wasn't always like this :weep:

NR
07-09-13, 18:06
Can you get mine back too?

My ibs has started. What are you taking?

mat74
07-09-13, 18:19
Can you get mine back too?

My ibs has started. What are you taking?

When constipated just drinks like OJ, when I have loose stools Pepto Bismol and I also take Colofac (Mebeverine). This is in addition to daily Aspirin, Simvastatin and Citalopram. I am not even 40 and feel about 60