PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out!

Lilith
03-07-04, 20:17
I'm going to Manhattan this afternoon with my husband and some friends. They all think it will be great fun to drive in to the city, walk around and take in the sights, and go to dinner. I am a wreck - shaking all over. Of course I don't want anyone to know. I've taken a Xanax (I wish I could get away from those) but it doesn't matter. Wish me luck. There will undoubtedly be terrible traffic, this being a holiday weekend and all (Fourth of July), it is hot out, and I hate all the crowds on the street. Well, I'd better stop typing now, as I'm working myself up to tears.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Meg
03-07-04, 22:08
Hi Lileth,

Tears are probabaly just what you need as once you've had a good howl you will feel calmer..

I guess you've gone by now so I wish you well and at least you will be walking about and getting a chance to use up some excess nervous energy.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Lilith
04-07-04, 18:40
Well, it was perfectly fine. The traffic was light, the weather was beautiful, and there weren't too many people around. I guess a lot of people go out of town for the Fourth of July weekend. I had a nice time. A lot of worry for nothing. Yay! I'm really glad I went.

Meg
04-07-04, 18:43
anticipation anxiety - eh. It causes us such trouble !!

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

nomorepanic
04-07-04, 18:55
Glad to hear it went well Lilith.

We all wind ourselves up over a trip only to find that it turns out fine.

Next time you will feel better about it yeah?

Nicola

seh1980
05-07-04, 19:46
Hi Lilith,
Glad to hear that you managed ok!! It's the thinking about it that makes it worse than it actually is, huh? I've had lots of times when I've felt the same way. I'm sure you feel better having done it. Well done!!:D
Sarah (seh1980)