PDA

View Full Version : Intro.

swampy
23-10-06, 23:35
A quick intro...

I am a 30-something bloke who has suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for the last few years. I seem to be one of those unlucky people who has just developed a v.sensitive nervous system (or fail to understand what triggers it) as I am actually a natural born non-worrier!

I've tried various medical options both chemical (SSRIs, Beta blockers, Lorazepam), psychological (CBT) and physical ( various tests for an 'organic' cause but even an esteemed endocrinologist drew a blank!).

Bizarely though I have only recently really realised how much this is screwing my life up so I am on a renewed mission to try and find a solution, or at least the start of one.

Thanks for reading.

S.

yorkylover
23-10-06, 23:41
Hi Swampy,you will find lots of helpfull advise here,and make some great friends.Your not alone,we are all here for similar things so we know how you feel.;):);)

Ellen XX

clickaway
23-10-06, 23:52
Welcome aboard, Swampy.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nicjay
24-10-06, 00:00
Hi Swampy

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of useful information here like i did.

Take Care
Nic
xxx

candie
24-10-06, 00:05
Hey swampy,

A big warm welcome to you,we're all in the same boat so i'm sure you'll find some answers to your questions..

Take care and keep smiling,Candie xx:D:D

trac67
24-10-06, 00:30
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

manmoor
24-10-06, 09:10
Hi Swampy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
24-10-06, 09:20
Hi Swampy,

A BIG warm welcome to you. lovely to see you here.

Im sure you will find lots of great advice and some new friends on you way here.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

bearcrazy
24-10-06, 10:00
[Duh!] glad you could post a message. I cant work out how to post an intro. Bit of a computer flintstone!

chelsea
24-10-06, 12:08
Hi swampy,

Welcome to the forum hope you get as much out of it as i did.

Take care!!!!!!!!!

donna

nomorepanic
24-10-06, 21:44
Hi S

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola