PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gone back to seroxat after a long time off and it worked again ??

vetran32
07-09-13, 18:10
Ive been off 18 months and its been hell ive heard some people say it dosent work after a long time off :weep: any experiences ??

Janinex
11-09-13, 07:59
Hi

I was off it for nearly 3 years, have been back on it for 3 weeks and its really helping, can see big difference in myself as can others.

Hope this helps.

Janine :)

vetran32
21-09-13, 15:24
Hi Janine did you feel bad when you come off the Seroxat ? how was you the 3 years off it ive felt awfull considering trying it again. Thanks for your help Karl

Janinex
25-09-13, 19:33
Hi Karl,

Yeah I felt dreadful coming off it but I blame the dr I was seeing at the time for that, as I had been on it for 8 years and I cut it down to 10mg for a fortnight then stopped so yeah it was pretty horrendous.

I wasn't too bad off it, I was coping and didn't have bad anxiety. That came back in May last year, my father in law sadly took his own life in August 2011 and I think I coped at the time for everyone when I needed to hold it together but when I no longer had to keep it together I think the floodgates opened and the anxiety snuck back in.

Over the last year they've tried me on several different a/d's and seroxat is the only one ive settled on. I took 10mg for a week and the last 3 weeks I've been on 20mg. I feel already it has made a huge difference, I started college on 9th Sept, I have went into Morrisons which was a big no can do for me, I've been out visiting friends again, which I hadn't done in months, just feel like I'm getting my old self back and if that means taking seroxat for the foreseeable future then so be it.

I tried the whole seeing a herbalist, taking tinctures from her, vitamins etc and the only thing that's made me feel any better has been the seroxat.

Keep in touch and let me know what you've decided to do and how you're getting on.

Take Care

Janine

vetran32
30-09-13, 18:36
Thats so nice off you to get back to me yeah ive felt awfull for the whole 18 months ive been off so im considering going back on Seroxat did you feel rough for ages when you quit?? have symptoms you never had etc i have felt bad for ages going to go back on it i think ill let you know how i get on havent even slept hardly for 19 months hour a night somtimes its awfull. Thanks Karl :)

Janinex
30-09-13, 18:42
Aww Karl, that sounds dreadful, you've really had a rough time of it!!!

Yeah I was ill for around 6 months after stopping them, had all kinds of crazy symptoms.

That's me been back on it nearly 5 weeks and its a godsend honestly.

Keep in touch, Janine xx

Darbysa
30-09-13, 19:24
Hi Karl
Just to add my thoughts here, I am a long term seroxat user. Longest I've ever managed off them in 8 years is 3 months. Felt great for first 2 months then total nightmare. I had managed to drop down to 10mg for 2 years and thought I was doing ok but then started to slide downhill over last 6 months until 6 weeks ago I was where you are now. Upshot is I upped back to 20mg and can't believe the difference it has made. I feel like me again and am having a good 7/8 hours sleep a night. I am not going to beat myself up about it like I have before. This is me and it's what I need. Please feel free to remind me of that when I next decide I can do without it!
Sal