PDA

View Full Version : Relationships.

littlechicklet
07-09-13, 19:20
I suffer from anxiety, mainly around illness
but i can also worry over anything.

is it normal for me to be anxious about new relationships? does anyone else feel this?

My main anxiety around relationships is being left, alone and feeling like im not good enough.

please reply:)
or PM me:)

Aljamo78
07-09-13, 19:33
Hi Chicklet,

It's perfectly natural to feel anxious about a new relationship. New relationships involve a certain amount of change and we anxious types are not renowned for embracing change in our lives. However, change can be a good thing. You are also asking yourself to put your trust in someone else (well, if you want it to work that is) and this can be daunting particularly if you have been hurt in the past.
If you are starting out with someone now, I suggest you take things slowly and really get to know them to see if they are worthy of your trust. Once you are sure, you will be able to open up about how you feel and if they are worth bothering with, they will understand and hopefully help alleviate some of your concerns, some of which may be genuine but I suspect many are just your brain trying to sabotage your life! You are only young, you may have many relationships before you meet the right person and trust me, you will be good enough for all and too good for most!

Eyji1
07-09-13, 19:39
Everyone feels a little stressed out in new situations. If it's not getting in the way of your well being then don't worry about it.

littlechicklet
07-09-13, 19:54
Hi Chicklet,

It's perfectly natural to feel anxious about a new relationship. New relationships involve a certain amount of change and we anxious types are not renowned for embracing change in our lives. However, change can be a good thing. You are also asking yourself to put your trust in someone else (well, if you want it to work that is) and this can be daunting particularly if you have been hurt in the past.
If you are starting out with someone now, I suggest you take things slowly and really get to know them to see if they are worthy of your trust. Once you are sure, you will be able to open up about how you feel and if they are worth bothering with, they will understand and hopefully help alleviate some of your concerns, some of which may be genuine but I suspect many are just your brain trying to sabotage your life! You are only young, you may have many relationships before you meet the right person and trust me, you will be good enough for all and too good for most!

You have no idea how much this helped! Thank you! I know that im not going to meet mr right yet but i dont want to end up getting myself hurt too much, it will only worsen my anxiety
THANK YOU
x :yesyes: x :hugs: x

Aljamo78
07-09-13, 22:04
Well it's made my day to have been able to help. Good luck, keep us posted! :welcome:

littlechicklet
08-09-13, 10:22
thankyou and yea I will.;)

thanks again xx

:D