PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i'm new!

itsbeth
07-09-13, 22:42
Hi everyone, my name is Beth, i'm 18 and i've recently been suffering from horrific panic attacks. I've been dealing with minor anxiety for a few years regarding social anxiety, self esteem and the like too.
Last Wednesday in early hours of the morning, i went into the most horrible panic attack i've ever experienced which lasted for over an hour. That night i also started to get a numbness/pins and needles feeling all through my left side which we later found out by my doctor was most likely excess adrenaline. (naturally i thought i was having a stroke)

Ever since then i've been having panic attacks every day up until the past 2 days or so. I feel as if i'm getting better but i can't stop worrying about my head. I've read that a lot of people with anxiety suffer from migraines and tension headaches and that they can occur on the left side only but i can't stop worrying that it's something serious which just sends me into another panic, setting off my anxiety symptoms again. :(

Really i wanted to join this forum for reassurance from like minded people to know that i'm not alone. I also want to help people feel better about themselves and their disorders because i know how horrifying they can be.

Sorry for the long 'introductory' post, hopefully i can benefit a lot by being here :)

Cmgiov01
07-09-13, 22:47
Hey Beth! My name's Chelsea, and you can read more about me in my introductory post that I literally posted right before you posted this one. I'm 19 and have had anxiety for a while, too, and a lot of mine revolves around my health. Like, today I freaked myself out to the point of a bad panic attack because I had a stomachache and my mind automatically jumped to the conclusion that it must be a bad stomach bug, or food poisoning, and I was only gonna keep getting worse, etc. etc.

One saying someone told me once, I can't remember who for the life of me, was "Simple problems usually have simple causes and simple solutions." I dunno, it's kind of a mantra I try to remind myself when I start to over-think minor problems.