PDA

View Full Version : My symptoms...

Si
08-09-13, 16:09
Hi all,

I gave a brief outline of my symptoms in my introduction, but here goes am I lone ? I try to treat myself and let time heal but I'm not sure it's fair on my family.

So, I get scared, really scared, then discontent and miserable, then small panic attacks and more dipondancy.

All starts after. Period of hrd work, with a bit of stress at work. Others tend to notice me being irritable. Then a job will finish or a plan complete and I will try to relax. Then it hits something will cause a trigger. Always apocalyptic in nature, I don't mes round, I fear for the whole world. But I know it's not logical, I talk to people and I say I know that they are unluckily scenarios and therei nothing I can do I would advie others to live in the present and plan for what you can control....

But I get obsessive thoughts, vocalised in my head, feeding the fear and dread.

So I become afraid. I look around and no one else is, and my voice jut says your smarter than the rest....
I get a warm flush T the back of my neck, then it runs down everywhere, my r,s feel weak and my mouth dry and I feel misrible.

When it first happened I went to the GP and had citalopram and cbt. In a year I was off the meds, I was happy, I meditated daily, relaxed and chilled.

Now here we are again, I am obviously a control freak as its always stuff out of my control.

I don't want to go back the GP but I my have no choice, going back on meds may be ease the symptoms and be easier on the family.

I feel very weak, I have an important job 2 teenage daughters nod people depend on me....

xvolatileheart
08-09-13, 23:04
Well that certainly sounds like anxiety and panic, and it's good you recognize that. I too am a control freak and catastrophize everything. If the GP was able to help last time, there is no shame in asking for help again! It's not worth suffering. Hope you feel better soon.

Si
09-09-13, 13:37
Thanks,

I cant get into my GP until next week. So have booked in with another at the surgery tomorrow.

I have also come clean, so to speak, with my wife, children PA and friends.

They are all very supportive.

I know citalopram will be rough for a coupel of weeks, so my PA is only arranginf meetings where I can take someone and I am arranging to get into work around 8:30 - 09:00 so I get up with the rest of the family before coming to work.

I need to silence the "chatterbox" in my head. Time, rest, mediation and citalopram will do that.......

cheers

Simon