PDA

View Full Version : hey starting a new job tomorrow ... HELP

jazzy4eva
08-09-13, 19:01
hey i suffer with anxiety and my family don't really get it ... i mean they are supportive don't get me wrong but they never seem to say the right thing, anyway i am starting a new job tomorrow and i have been nervous all week about it, i have overcome a large chunk of my anxiety so I don't for example get majorly anxious about leaving the house to go to the shops unlike i would have a year or so ago. Basically i usually only get majorly anxious about big things now such as this job starting tomorrow, last night i woke up at 1am sweating, needing the toilet and i almost threw up 3 times, I sort of just want to talk to someone who knows what it's like since i don't really have anyone to talk to about it.
PS please don't say 'you'll be fine' because that is all i seem to get off everyone

Regina Burtt
09-09-13, 18:25
Hi Jazzy,

This is my first post - I haven't even created an intro yet. I saw your post for August - so... how are you? I hope that you have found a settling in place with yourself and your new job.

I am going through some of that myself as I have recently started my second year of Grad School which now includes 3 days of internships and holding down my own private practice has left me often swimming in my body and mind.

I have to find spaces in the day, even for a minute or two to recognize how my state is and to self comfort through compassionate self talk, breathing consciously and practicing being in the "now". I also make it a healthy habit to make contact with the few friends who know me deeply and I talk to them and then when in there presence, we hug. Sometimes that nurturing physical contact lets me literally "feel" I am here, I am loved and I am ok - so...life's ok too.

Take care.

Namasté,

Regina

jazzy4eva
09-09-13, 19:26
Hi Regina,

Thanks for your post, nice to know someone who is going through a similar thing, unfortunately i do not have any close friends who i feel i can talk to openly who understand my anxiety, hence why i have joined this website.

With my job, it went fine in the end as i knew it would it is the lead up which is scary for me, i hate the symptoms that appear the sickness in the pit of my stomach but in the end i know it will be fine, which it was :)

Thanks for your post

Jasmine