PDA

View Full Version : Is this dizzyness?

RVP
08-09-13, 23:07
Hey guys.. lately I been feeling like.. i wouldn't say dizzy but more lightheaded quickly but it only lasts like a second like my head goes really weird.. it scares me and i feel like sitting down asap. Could this be related to my Blood pressure? or is it something anxiety people suffer with. My legs feel weak too when I walk

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Anyone? I thought my HA was under control(ish) but defintely nothing like what it used to be like.

Skye Winter
09-09-13, 10:46
I get this! I've always wondered the same thing.

I've never fainted (Heaven forbid I do) and I get it quite often. For a second I just feel like the world is moving weirdly around me and that I'm gonna lose consciousness. I hate it.

I wouldn't worry, because I think it's all in our heads. Once it happens once (regardless of the reason), we expect it to happen again and because we expect it, we imagine it and bring it on ourselves.

I think it's your mind playing tricks, but if it really is concerning you then I suggest going to see a doctor, but I'm sure you're just fine :D

Eyji1
09-09-13, 11:50
Does this happen when you stand up or bend over? Or just at random times?

anthrokid
09-09-13, 12:56
I get this all the time. Could be a range of minor, NOT DANGEROUS things :) Could be low blood pressure, not drinking enough water, tired, sickness, or everyone's personal favourite, goooood old stress and anxiety.

Gingernut
10-09-13, 00:05
I also get this, I also get what I can only describe as like a sudden short rush in my head. I too have been worried about it and unsure if its anxiety or not. Luckily I've got my doctors appointment tomorrow evening about this so I haven't got much longer to worry about it. Hopefully it IS anxiety.

Jayne x

fedup36
10-09-13, 07:03
I get this pretty much every day!! The doctor reckons its anxiety! I've seen an ENT and had blood pressure, ECG, MRI all done and they can't find anything wrong. It's a horrible feeling though. Mine sometimes I feel comes from my neck if that makes sense and once it happend my legs turn to jelly and I feel like I can't walk :( thing is mine just happens randomly. Lying down or standing up!

Hope this helps...

Gingernut
10-09-13, 23:28
Went to the doc's this evening and after him checking my heart, pulse, BP, and looking again at all the NORMAL results from my past brain MRI and CT, neurologist consultations, 24 hr ECG and Ophthalmology results, guess what, my dizziness and funny feelings in my head are all down to that little known illness called, you guessed it, ANXIETY!! Like I didnt really already know that! Why do we do this to ourselves? Hope this can help to reassure someone :)

Jayne x