PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here, looking for advice

Gillybean37
09-09-13, 00:14
Hi my name is Gill, 37 years old and live in Scotland, I am currently taking fluoxetine for anxiety/panic attacks, and I was just wondering if anyone else still feels ill after taking them for a while, from what I have read on the forums it only seems to be people who have just started taking them who feel ill, but I have been on them for months and feel awful, I just want to sleep all the time and I feel constantly light headed, my doctor thought I might be lightheaded because I am still anxious so put my dose up to 40mg (I was on 20mg before), now I just feel even worse! I have also fainted twice in the past few weeks and am wondering if this could be related to the medication? Any advice would be great, thanks x

fondDeJante
09-09-13, 00:18
Hi Gill, I'm also a new poster :)

I didn't feel ill on Fluoxetine (20mg) but it made me unmotivated and tired, so my psychiatrist switched me to Escitalopram. There are lots of SSRIs out there, maybe try what I did and ask to switch to another one, the side effects may be better for you.

Speranza
09-09-13, 00:42
Hi Gill, I am also Gill! :)

I was really tired for a few weeks on Prozac (20mg) but it has settled pretty much a few months in. I think it would be good to ask about trying something else.

kirstyg
12-09-13, 08:45
Hi Jill, kirsty from scotland here. I think you should talk to your gp as they can try another remedy for you. Not everyones suited to the same treatment. There will be one for you,just got to find it!:hugs:

Gillybean37
12-09-13, 15:37
Hi to all that replied! I decided to come off the fluoxetine and take it from there, I want to make sure that it is just the medication that is making me feel ill and not something else, and the only way to figure that out is to be on no medication at all, if I feel better but still just have the anxiety I can try different medication and at least I will know that I am ok. If I still feel just as ill then there must be other health problems that I can get sorted with my GP.