PDA

View Full Version : surgical scar

Amandala
09-09-13, 00:17
Hi everyone,
So my issue of the week is this surgical scar on my upper right side.
I had what was thought to be a cyst removed and it was some type of mass (not cancer) and it was a deep cut. So, that was in January, so now 9 months later, the scar still looks pinkish and slightly bruised. It lies exactly were by bra wraps around which I am sure doesn't help. But I can still feel something like a tingly/itchy feeling down deep in that area. It doesn't hurt to touch it or anything and looks far from infected. But now I am afraid the growth is growing back, or its not healing right or not healing at all underneath and I am going to have to have them cut it open again and god only knows whats under there! I am seriously freaking out...The dermatologist who did the surgery left the practice so its impossible to get an appointment with the one doctor left anytime soon and truth is, I am too scared to go back there and have them look at it. :weep:
So my question is, is it normal to have a scar still be sore and tingly this long after? it's about a 2 inch bumpy looking line.

Fishmanpa
09-09-13, 00:30
So my question is, is it normal to have a scar still be sore and tingly this long after? it's about a 2 inch bumpy looking line.

Without a doubt, absolutely! I have a 6" scar on my chest from open heart surgery in 2007. It still aches to this day. I also have a 6" scar on my neck from a selective neck dissection in February of this year and I have all sorts of neck and shoulder pain as well as numbness.

Positive thoughts and prayers

Speranza
09-09-13, 00:36
Yes it is. My daughter has a scar from hipbone to hipbone and she never imagined it would stop troubling her - now she forgets she has it. Look on the bright side, your nerves are working fine!

Amandala
09-09-13, 13:18
Thanks guys! And LOL Speranza, my nerves sure are working!
I guess its still healing deep down in there and I need to stop giving it so much attention! :blush: