PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time

limitless
09-09-13, 04:01
so for the last 2 weeks ive been worried about my mouth and throat. some throat pain and alittle bit of blood in my spit. also some sorness in the front of my neck. yesterday my heart rate kept getting to like 120 just walking around and my usual resting is 60 bpm. just earlier i had some sharp chest pain. right in the heart area and now im freaking out. I hate this. anyone have any of these problems? and i keep thinking its throat cancer or oral cancer.

Fishmanpa
09-09-13, 12:23
Hi Limitless,

As an oral cancer survivor I can tell you that oral or throat cancer typically doesn't present itself that way. The majority of times, there are no symptoms or pain at all and by the time you notice something (swollen painless lymph node or lesion in the mouth that doesn't respond to antibiotics) it's pretty far along.

However, one cannot diagnose via the internet (that includes Dr Google) so seeing your doctor or an ENT would be prudent if your symptoms persists.

Andy699
09-09-13, 12:34
I wouldn't worry about your symptoms, I get blood in my spit all of the time :) it's really really common and most of the population spit blood at some point in their lives. Stay calm

limitless
09-09-13, 18:59
Thanks guys for the advice and I cant see my doctor for 5 weeks I'm out of town working. I'll have to wait. I'm 22 and don't drink or smoke and dont have HPV. So I know the odds are in my favor