PDA

View Full Version : Is this a common issue?

Steve_T38
09-09-13, 11:27
I like most people have days that are worse than others. I have recently been put on low doses of propranolol and Citalopram. The doses are lower than I actually wanted but I'm not a doc. Anyway I still find it hard to relax. Even watching TV or something I find that I have almost tensed every muscle in my body, sitting very rigid. I have to force myself to stop doing it. I think the constant tensing of muscles is starting to make me ache!

I am generally sleeping OK but wake around 6 every morning, feel tense and have songs constantly going round my head and I then cannot get back to sleep. So far I have had Henry the 8th I am, Don't worry be happy and a Christmas Carol that I cant remember its name. I lay in bed really trying to get back to sleep and all I get is "Henry the 8th I am, I am" and while it may sound mildly amusing, its bloody annoying!

Anyone relate to any of this?

Steve

Pipkin
09-09-13, 12:54
I could have written this myself. I've managed my anxiety very well over the past 18 months but I'm still tense all the time and, like you, constantly have a song in my head. No doubt my brain will now pick up one of your songs to torture me with for the rest of the day. I got the Radio 2 jingle and an advert for ASDA stuck in my head last week which really wasn't funny. Not as bad as the time I got 'how much is that doggy in the window' lodged in there for 2 weeks...

Apparently, the best way to get them out is by replacing them with another tune which doesn't exactly help.

Pip

Steve_T38
09-09-13, 13:29
Hi Pip,

I am sorry you experience this too but I am glad I am not the only one! I can only apologise if you end up with " henry the 8th I am" going off in your head! ;)

xvolatileheart
09-09-13, 15:47
Sometimes I feel like a madwoman because of the things I get stuck in my head. The most annoying one recently was the You've Been Framed jingle. Must be an anxiety thing!

Pipkin
09-09-13, 18:57
Hi Pip,

I am sorry you experience this too but I am glad I am not the only one! I can only apologise if you end up with " henry the 8th I am" going off in your head! ;)

I managed to escape the full horror of Henry the 8th all day. Today it's been 'Little Boxes' by Pete Seeger. The weird thing is that I have no idea where they come from sometimes. Some people may think it's funny as it happens to everyone sometimes but I get it all the time and it's really annoying. I think it's just another example of brain chatter.

Pip