PDA

View Full Version : scared new member

carlin
03-07-04, 20:45
Hi, my name is Jean. I.m 49 years old - happily married with 4 children. Have suffered with panic for appx. 15 years good times and bad. Now as I approach the menopause things have gone so bad. Feelings of terror on waking and when it gets hold I cannot control myself, want to scream and shout, open windows and escape. Going on holls in 2 weeks, do not think I can cope, so scared of everything, need support of likeminded people, sorry to go on so much

Lizzy
03-07-04, 21:44
Hi Jean
I know EXACTLY how you feel it could have been me writing it. Have you sought medical help? I can't really advise you because I'm not a professional. Just wanted to let you know there is someone out there who knows what you are going through. I know you will get a lot of support from the people on this web site so hang on in there. Thinking of you Love Liz[:X]

Meg
03-07-04, 22:05
Hi Jean,

Welcome . Do check out First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942) and see if you can apply anything from there .

Do you think this is hormonally driven ? Have you noticed a pattern or trend in the past

You write - I cannot control myself, want to scream and shout, open windows and escape.
How much of this have you ever done ?

Currently what do you do when this happens to help yourself ?

Where are you off for your holidays ?

We are here for you, to help get you through this tough phase in your life. It will pass just as the others have done.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Caz Fab Pants
03-07-04, 22:46
Hi Jean,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so awful and wanted to say that I'm sure these feelings are being made worse by your hormones. I say this because I have always been much worse during pregnancy when hormones are all over the place, (similar to menopause?)
Have you tried any med's? I found them a true god send, they took the edge of my anxiety just enough to stop me feeling like I was losing my mind.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Caroline
x

nomorepanic
04-07-04, 17:15
Hi Jean

Welcome to the forum and the website. Not sure how much you have read yet but let us know if you have any particular questions and we will try to help.

There are quite a few people on here venturing off on holidays so read their posts too for some more advice and support.

Nicola

april tones
04-07-04, 19:09
hi jean, welcome! first of all, your not alone. Hormones trigger my anxiety, it has got loads better since taking meds. Kalms are supposed to be good for menopause symptoms, have you tried them? love april x

apriltones

juliej
04-07-04, 19:55
Hi jean,

I was feeling like you a week ago and thought I would never go on holiday ever again. But I had a good read on this site and took on board some helpful advice and yes I know you feel awful but you CAN do it.
Try and get some Bach remedies, I sipped them during my five hour car journey and it just kept those negative feelings and worries at bay.
I got back yesterday from a wonderful holiday and i'm so thankful that I didn't give in .
I know it seems at the moment the scariest thing that you have ever had to do but you will be able to do it and will have a great time.

julie

Julie

carlin
04-07-04, 20:38
Thank you for your replies, am having a few problems with my computor at the moment, something else to worry about. Bear with me, thanks

seh1980
05-07-04, 19:40
Hi Jean,
Welcome to the site!! We all know exactly what you are going through so I'm sure you'll find a lot of help and support here. Take care.
Sarah (seh1980):D