PDA

View Full Version : My Manic Episode + Chronic Anxiety

Edward_1980
09-09-13, 14:20
I really don't know where to start. I suffered a Manic episode that lasted for nine days and in that time I didn't sleep, had mad delusional ideas and had severe anxiety. I wanted to have bake sales, fill the bath with straw, bake apple pie, make lasagne, spend all Mark's hard earned (I did) money, go shopping for a full week at 5am in Tesco's, wanted to buy mice, rats and guinea pigs and go to nightclubs at 9am.

In that time I went to the Doctor four times in nine days and all they could suggest was for me to be admitted to hospital. Every time I came away with a letter for the Psychiatrist, but never went to A&E and continued to stay Manic and drive Mark out of his mind. He suffers from GAD and I tired him out so much that he had to take extra doses of his Bromazepam just to be able to cope with my mania.

In the time I suffered chronic Panic attacks and was put on Diazepam and Loraepam to help me relax. Nothing could bring me down I was so manic. My heart was always racing, I couldn't breathe and my chest was always tight. I would have thought I was having a stroke or heart attack, but my mind was racing and I wouldn't have been able to stick to the subject should I have rang the Doctor or Ambulance. That's how bad it was.

I went to Dr Arab last week in a very agitated state and full of paranoia. I couldn't sit still in the surgery and kept bouncing from one subject to the other. Again I was given a letter for A&E, but I didn't know what it said. Dr. Arab said I was just going to A&E for a Valium injection to bring me down, when really the letter said I was Manic and needed to be seen by a Psych. I opened the letter in the car on the way home and this led to a huge argument with my Partner. I refused to go to A&E and instead banged down my neighbour's door and begged her to keep me safe. I was paranoid and having panic attacks.

Well,
Yesterday I began having thoughts of bake sales, planting orange trees and going to nightclubs at 9am in the morning. I was rapid cycling with my moods. I went from manic (Still there throughout all the mood swings) to happy to sad to highly suicidal to very aggressive. I baked apple pie and pasta bake at 10am and wanted to make a huge pot of soup. I just couldn't rest and my partner knew I needed help. He packed me into the car and drove me himself to A&E to have me seen. I got Diazepam there while I was waiting for the Psych Doc, but it just couldn't bring me down. I asked one of the security guards when he was going to marry and run away with me, fiddled with a Doctor's tie and basically just couldn't sit still in the chair. We waited for five hours and there was still no sign of the Psych Doc, I was highly full of energy and I decided enough was enough. I left.

It was just before midnight. Mark was asleep and I was in the bed thinking about going to 24hr Tesco's to buy mushrooms for soup. There was a knock on the door and Mark thought it highly strange that someone would be calling at that hour. By this time I was coming down and was highly agitated and depressed. Mark opened the door and it was the Police coming to collect me and take me back to the hospital. They told me to pack a bag and that I had to come with them. My heart was racing and I couldn't breathe. I was about to have a panic attack. Mark packed my bag and they put me in the back of the Police car and drove me back to the Connolly where I was admitted to the Ash ward. They saw I was having Panic Attacks in the ward and gave me Zimovane, Tamazepam and Diazepam. It helped a bit because I was coming down and the energy (I didn't sleep for nine days) was slowly going. I had a good nights rest even though I was afraid of the other patients.

This morning I saw Dr. Kirrane and Dr. Natasha and they confirmed that it was a nine day Manic episode. They agreed, along with Markus, who was at the meeting, that hospital is not the place for someone like me and that I would be better off in the community. They gave me a new prescription and a 200mg mood stabilizer shot to level out the mood and agreed to discharge me.

Today I feel anxious even though I have taken Valium and Ativan to help me relax. I think the stress of being manic for the last nine days is really having an effect on me. I'm exhausted and highly anxious. I'm just waiting for the pills to kick in. I just want my head to stop going ninety. I'll get through this. I'm a lot stronger than you think :)

Edward_1980
10-09-13, 09:54
Is it normal to feel guilty and highly anxious after an episode? I have enough anxiety already with low blood cells.