PDA

View Full Version : nearly constant vaginal pain

rach7
09-09-13, 14:59
Hello!
Since the year 2000 I've had nearly constant vaginal pain. It seems to be yeast connected..although I have gone to the doctor with this pain and they have said at times there wasn't yeast. It took me years to get up the guts to go to a gyn and while she was nice to me, I basically was making all the suggestions about what it was that could be wrong. I know I should go back, but there's never a calm good enough time to do that.

3 years ago I went on the candida diet, and it's helped, but its still an issue. I haven't been able to have intercourse in 2 years. I've tried all anti fungal things imaginable. The depression from "losing food" has been significant. I was emotionally tied to and so comforted by food and I have lost all foods except meat, quinoa, and 1 vegetable. All this to keep the pain at bay, and yet, I still have pain at least half the month (versus every single day when I'm not on this diet). If I even eat a bite of potato for example, I have instant pain vaginally. It will take 3 or 4 days to clear up. I have told doctors..they just say huh, strange. I got up the guts to take a diabetes self test the other day (urine) it showed normal. I don't have most diabetes symptoms. Has anyone else dealt with this, or found a way to cure it?

aggiecuttler
09-09-13, 15:32
Hi sweetie, this sounds like a nightmare, did the GYN make any mention of what the cause of pain is it definately diet related. I would try and see someone different, i dont think this is going to be anything major to worry about but i can see why this is getting you down, you are living day to day hoping the pain will subside, definatley go to a different GYN and get them to give you an accurate diagnosis and ask for treatment, i am so sorry for you it must be horrid, good luck in conquring this blessings

rach7
09-09-13, 16:18
Hello!
Thanks for answering. No, they've never told me its diet related. Doctors don't seem to want to say things like that, but I have noticed the connections myself. I know I have to try more GYNs but that's going to take time money and patience..but I do want help. I will work on trying to see someone again. :)