PDA

View Full Version : Really sad today :(

GirlAfraid23
09-09-13, 16:04
So I've been put down for a course at work but its this Saturday.

I've got no idea why they have put me down for a course on a day when I'm supposed to be off without asking me.

My friends are all going out to London on friday night and now I can't go because its an early start on Saturday and I'm driving to get there (it's around 40 minutes away).

So number one, I'm missing out with my friends and number two, I only get one day this weekend.
My anxiety surrounding work is bad enough as it is at the moment so this is just the icing on the cake.

Speranza
09-09-13, 16:05
Erm - hang on there. Are you getting paid to go? Are you getting time in lieu? I'm pretty sure they can't direct LSAs' time outside school hours. Can you ask someone??

GirlAfraid23
09-09-13, 16:17
They said they will pay me for it. It's more hours than I normally do too.
I usually do 7.30-1.30 but this is 9-4.

Btw I did get your message and I'm very grateful :) I just haven't had a chance to reply yet x

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

I did ask them about it and they said they couldn't get another time for me to go.

vincent
09-09-13, 16:19
The NHS are good at doing things like this too. For example, they completely forget that a lot of staff work nights and will then have to attend mandatory training sessions that are only held in the middle of the day between your night shifts. They don't see the problem, you can claim bank hours for the time you're there. Not for the hours travel tie each way it takes to attend or the fact that it means you'll probably not going to sleep now between your shifts.

Or to condense that little rant. You have my sympathy, work sucks and if all else fails caffeine is your friend. Go out Friday, stay up and do the training and ply yourself with good coffee, monster/relentless and fresh fruit.

nomorepanic
09-09-13, 16:25
Caffeine is not your friend at all when you suffer with anxiety!

GirlAfraid23
09-09-13, 16:28
I would go out but it would mean leaving early and getting the train back by myself from London, which I don't want to do.

vincent
09-09-13, 16:38
Caffeine is not your friend at all when you suffer with anxiety!

I find it helps when i'm in the middle of a major depressive episode and my anxiety starts to spike at the same time. Like any drug as long as you know your personal limits and when not to use it it can be ok. Compared to other stimulants I've found it to be most predictable and controllable.

Speranza
09-09-13, 16:46
Do they know about your anxiety, GirlAfraid?

GirlAfraid23
09-09-13, 17:12
Do they know about your anxiety, GirlAfraid?

Nope :(

Annie0904
09-09-13, 17:17
They can't make you go on a Saturday especially at such short notice as this. Tell them you already have plans and can it be arranged for some other time.

GirlAfraid23
09-09-13, 18:08
They can't make you go on a Saturday especially at such short notice as this. Tell them you already have plans and can it be arranged for some other time.

I wish I could Annie but they've already paid for it :(