PDA

View Full Version : What is going on!

Gray7_2
24-10-06, 13:47
A quick hello to you all.

Just registered and want to say hi and hope someone here can help?

In brief I think I have just begun to get health anxiety.

Due to late nights, lack of exersice and too much work I began to feel ill/ flu like.

Had a very bad day three weeks ago felt like chest was burning and could not breath.
Hands and feet went numb and had to call an ambulance on the motorway.

Hospital did ECG all ok and blood oxygen ok so went home.

Still felt like I had a hot burning on chest and back and felt dificult to breath.

Have been back and forward to GP and have had chest xray that was clear but now I still feel like i have a wheeze at the top of my breath and that sends me into a state of worry that has me in knots.

Doctor has said that I need to relax and has referred me to a therapist/councilor.
I still can't stop feeling like my lungs are not working and I still seem to have a little wheeze from time to time throughout the day.

Hope therapist can help this is driving me nuts!

mad_shell66
24-10-06, 13:49
welcome to nomorepanic mate
shellxx

Gray7_2
24-10-06, 13:51
Thanks Shell

hayles
24-10-06, 14:00
Hi and welcome aboard

Hay x

yorkylover
24-10-06, 14:52
Hi and welcome,you will get some great advise here.Sounds like you had a panic attack on the motorway.
Take care

Ellen XX

tam
24-10-06, 17:05
hi gray welcome and it spunds like anxiety to me.take care tracy

tam
24-10-06, 17:07
hi gray sorry that should say sounds lol tracy

Ju
24-10-06, 17:22
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">A quick hello to you all.

Just registered and want to say hi and hope someone here can help?

In brief I think I have just begun to get health anxiety.

Due to late nights, lack of exersice and too much work I began to feel ill/ flu like.

Had a very bad day three weeks ago felt like chest was burning and could not breath.
Hands and feet went numb and had to call an ambulance on the motorway.

Hospital did ECG all ok and blood oxygen ok so went home.

Still felt like I had a hot burning on chest and back and felt dificult to breath.

Have been back and forward to GP and have had chest xray that was clear but now I still feel like i have a wheeze at the top of my breath and that sends me into a state of worry that has me in knots.

Doctor has said that I need to relax and has referred me to a therapist/councilor.
I still can't stop feeling like my lungs are not working and I still seem to have a little wheeze from time to time throughout the day.

Hope therapist can help this is driving me nuts!

<div align="right">Originally posted by Gray7_2 - 24 October 2006 : 13:47:42</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

lainey
24-10-06, 17:23
Hi there

Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of help and support here mate.

Take care

Elaine x

honeybee3939
24-10-06, 19:18
Hi Gary,

A BIG warm welcome to you ! lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of great advice here, sounds like Anxiety to me,late nights, lack of exercise and working too hard will certainly contribute to the anxiety.

Hope we can be of some support.

Love

Andrea
xxx

nomorepanic
24-10-06, 21:43
Hi Gray

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

trac67
24-10-06, 22:34
Hi Gray,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice her and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

darkangel
24-10-06, 22:35
Hi Gray

Ive just read your post and welcome to the site. Reading it remembered me of my own first panic attack - similar situation - but I will say that you have been thoroughly checked over at the hospital and you did say you were overworked, and stress would probably have played a big part in how you felt.
Sometimes when we have been stressed and we begin to relax we notice things going on in our bodies that previously we hadnt even paid attention to.
Have you tried a relaxation tape which concentrates on breathing from your abdomen cos when we tense we tend to breathe from the upper chest. This may help
Take care
Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

manmoor
25-10-06, 08:12
Hi Gray,

A big warm welcome to you. I too have health anxiety.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Gray7_2
25-10-06, 08:49
Thank you for your welcome responses.

Having not experienced anything like this before it's as scary as hell!

I have started to try and make possitive steps to relaxing ect... and have just started Tai Chi.
Unfortunately it's the first exersice I have done for weeks so feel lousy today.

Have written to my doctor for second opinion about why I feel like my breathing has become restricted, sounding paronoid I know, but the doctor I have been seeing is not my normal doc.

Thanks again all.

G.

Ma Larkin
25-10-06, 13:07
Hi Gray, sounds like the typical first symptoms of anxiety/panic. It does cause health anxiety because you constantly worry about every pain you get, you think your lungs aren't working properly because your breathing is resticted or there's something wrong with your heart. It's an awful feeling, I was convinced I had Pneumonia for months but all my tests came back OK. I had ECG's, chest x-rays, blood tests, etc., and everything was fine. All I can say to you is you do eventually get used to the symptoms. It really is hard at first, you get used to one symptom and then another one arrives so you worry that it's something else more sinister than what you thought in the first place!

Hang in there and hope things get better for you.

Les

polly daydream
25-10-06, 14:59
Hi Gray and welcome to the site.

Polly