PDA

View Full Version : hobby needed what do you do?

clio51
09-09-13, 19:23
Hi all

As the dark nights are getting nearer and the weather not so good, I need to fill my days/nights with some new things to do with my time.

So what hobbies do you do, to fill your time ? Or if not hobbies what do you do?

Cheers:)

PeterC
09-09-13, 20:16
Hi, I do photography as a hobby, looking down a lense at creation and beauty of all sorts help focus your mind better and study detail. Its really relaxing.
Try it and enjoy
Pete x

Annie0904
09-09-13, 20:21
I make greetings cards and soaps. I also do knitting and I am going to do some crocheting. I like to do Genealogy as well.

vincent
09-09-13, 20:21
Walking. In the winter I find there are few things better than putting on a good pair of boots a nice warm jacket and your favourite wooley hat and just walking until you reach that "I'm tired and need a some tea/rum" Stick an audiobook on for your ears if doing it in a busy built up area and just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Tessar
09-09-13, 20:35
Yep photography for me too. Digital is great as you can take loads of pics and not have to pay to have them developed. It's quite addictive. I've spent hours chasing insects round the garden to get a good pic (usually to no avail but I don't give up). When I am out walking, I am often on the look out for a good picture. Be that a landscape or a flower, leaf, tree etc or an unusual bit of bark or whatever. How about reading? My partner does that and says its a good escape. I agree that walking is good too. Daft tho it is, I find it easier to walk in the bad weather than the good. Music.... Listening to music or playing some .... Do you play an instrument. Would you be able to learn one maybe? Ooh I know. How about something like Pilates or some kind of indoor exercise. I know you can get videos or books to work from. I used to do alot if exercises for general fitness. Perhaps I need to take a leaf out of my own book and do that again!!

clio51
09-09-13, 22:21
Hi thanks for the replies guys

Walking is out I'm afraid, well long walks anyway as a have plantar fasciitis in both feet!

Knitting I used to do many years ago, I'm ok until it comes to shaping!
Cards are a good thing but I think may be expensive to start will go to hobbycraft have a look.

More ideas guys

yvonne_uk_98
09-09-13, 22:34
window paints, I use pollypockets, trace over a picture, then color it in with window paints, once its dried in, I peel off the pollypocket and put on the window. I get paints and lots of paper, so that If I'm in the mood I can paint. plus sometimes collect the leaves when they fall, dont have to be an artist. I canny draw, I love painting, I get different shapes that I can stick into the paint and put on the paper, just good fun.

Eyji1
09-09-13, 23:19
I play the drums, read, watch tv shows, cook meals and have friends over, listen to music, find something to do around the house, meditate, write a diary and probably some other stuff I can't think of at the moment :)

AuntieMoosie
09-09-13, 23:19
Clio don't go to hobby craft, I find it very expensive for a lot of their stuff.

I get all of my supplies from Ebay and Amazon, much better prices and some good deals too :)

Hobbies I've got are knitting, crotchet, card making, and listening to music :D

clio51
10-09-13, 23:19
Thanks moosie,

Your cards look brilliant!

Bought some coloured pencils and adult colouring book, had a go tonight the thing I'm getting is like an rsi ache after a while so little and often rather than one sitting. Think it's the 20 plus year of typing.

Did get a restbite from those anxiety thoughts.

danielled
10-09-13, 23:37
I do knitting.