PDA

View Full Version : 1 of my dogs have panic attacks :(

natalie5555
09-09-13, 21:28
Hey I just wondered if anyone else has a dog that has panic attacks? I have 2 beautiful staffys and 1 of them is very nervous and when I was pregnant she started having panic attacks and I always wondered if it was my fault because maybe my bump freaked her out and that's what caused them I don't know if im being silly lol. But just wondered if anyone knows how I can help her when she has a panic attack again I love my pets so much and I hate seeing my dog go threw it when she has 1 :(

natalie5555
09-09-13, 22:33
Yeah animals pick up on them kind of things don't they.. maybe that's what it is maybe shes picked it up from me aswell :( hate seeing her like it though makes me sad. She shakes when she has them and pants and comes up to me and wants me to cuddle her, but I heard that cuddling them while having a panic attack can make it worse so I try to leave her alone :( she isn't as bad as she was before so hopefully they will go away after some time. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any pets with similar problems. Its ok hun x

DaisyPolly
24-09-13, 19:50
I have a very nervous Jack Russell and I got a dog trainer/therapist in.

I know this is gonna sound harsh but she told me to completely ignore her when she gets like that.

As humans we automatically want to comfort them but all you are doing is basically affirming that this behaviour is OK.

It worked for my dog but I found it VERY hard.

natalie5555
29-09-13, 21:04
Thankyou for that advice i actually read on the internet aswell to ignore them its difficult but i will next time. She doesn't have them that often anymore but at 1 time she was having them all the time.