PDA

View Full Version : Living it out alone

Rach7339
09-09-13, 21:46
Hi all,

Well as the title says I live my anxiety out on my own at the moment, don't feel I can talk to anyone about it so thought you people may listen and understand abit more then those around me!! So here goes!!

Well I've struggled with what I didn't know back then as anxiety from my early school days (I'm now 28) it's slowly getting worse to the point I've come to the time it's time to speak about it and get help.
I struggle with a lot of things there's not a certain thing that sets it off and sometimes it doesn't need to be anything at all! I feel I'm starting to get OCD in my daily routine and if this is messed up in anyway anxiety sets in, my main struggle is travel away from home, every single time I go away I convince myself I am Ill, even though by now I know the symptoms and how I feel I still can't get it into my head its the anxiety making me feel this way.

How do you start to explain how you feel to someone who doesn't suffer with anxiety??

I'm now booked to go to New York in December with 2 friends and the anxiety is already setting in... Guaranteed a week before ill start to feel ill, sickly, upset tummy, palpitations,breathlessness, aching arms and legs, headaches,tiredness

The tiredness is one thing that overtakes my body when I go away, the level of anxiety wipes my body out then all I want to do is sleep!! Arrgghhhh it's taking over my life! I don't want to feel like this!!!

Right I'm going to leave it at that for now... I could go on and on!! It just feels so nice to get it off my chest in a place where people feel the same and don't think I'm over reacting or strange!!

Thank you

Kim51
09-09-13, 22:18
:welcome: Hi you should find this site very supportive and helpful. Have you ever spoken to your GP about this they may be able to offer some help

clio51
09-09-13, 22:31
Hi and welcome

You are certainly not alone! Why not go to the gp and ask for some therapy ? Do you take meds to help with your anxiety or even give non meds a go 5htp or something else.

Is it only travel? How do you manage at work/home with anxiety

Rach7339
10-09-13, 19:20
Hey both!!

No not spoken to a doctor about it apart from the travelling side and I get tablets for that now but only really flying, it seems as soon as I start talking about it I clam up and play it all down! I talk myself into the fact that I'm going to sort it out and see someone then bottle it!!

As much as I love my family I think it stems from the fact that my mum really doesn't understand how you can feel perfectly normal sometimes and then others absolutly horrendous!! She's very much a "give yourself a shake" type of woman so I think that's kind of made me bottle it up more! I feel weak that I can't just be like that and get on with it! I used to but now it seems to be a almost daily thing!!

Works fine as its in my routine so feel comfortable with it.

How do you'd find day to day life and travelling??