PDA

View Full Version : can't concentrate....

creatrix
24-10-06, 14:13
Ugh. hi everyone. i can't seem to concentrate on anything but getting conflict resolved... i had an arguement with my best friend the other day and i thought it was over but she hasn't written and i'm starting to do that "imagine the worst" thing, but i don't want to call because she probably just needs some space so here i am with my mind and my ativan. i find myself looking for reassurance with things like horoscopes, tarot cards, even the "magic 8 ball." and of course these things contradict each other and that almost makes it worse. any suggestions? yoga helps, and I'll be going to a class tonight, but for now, i'm just feeling frightened and lost and trying not to cry.

and does anyone else get cold when they're anxious? I'm hovering over a heater and it's burning my skin, but i'm still cold underneath. well, it's not burning... juts uncomfortably hot. but here i am still cold.

Insomniac
24-10-06, 14:55
Hi creatrix

You may have a point... I was cold this morning (and anxious) so I turned up the heating. After a good visit to doctor, really positive, I came home and decided the house was far too hot and turned heating off again!

Seriously though, I do go hot and cold when I'm badly anxious. When something is bothering you its hard to focus on anything else. I try to read my book, or watch tv. Which can also be hard to stick wit sometimes. I can usually distract myself by playing mindless games on PC, or coming here to forum.

Hope you resolve this and feel better soon. I'm sure your friend probably does just need some space and time. Even when they know we suffer it can be hard for others to understand. Try some relaxation exercises, and well done on yoga. I bet that really helps!

Lisa.

creatrix
24-10-06, 14:57
Thanks, Lisa. Yoga is definately a godsend. I've been practising for about 7 months and i usually do 6 classes a week, but i was sick last week so i didn't go. I think that was probably even part of why I had the arguement to begin with. There is somethig so healing and soothing about yoga.

yorkylover
24-10-06, 15:02
Hi sorry to hear your so down.Im always cold,my family find it funny.Until I have a panic attack and then its the opposite.Have you tried writing a letter to your friend about how you feel.;)

Ellen XX

creatrix
24-10-06, 15:06
Thanks, Ellen. I considered writing, but that would be the anxiety talking, I think. I have to be really careful with friends because sometime my fears get completely irrational and then they get angry and so I get more frightened and..... [Sigh...] but I'm starting to calm down a bit. This site is very helpful - I'm glad I found it!

Insomniac
24-10-06, 15:13
I think you're right creatrix. Writing while you're anxious is probably not a good idea. Setting your feelings down can help you calm down sometimes, its like chatting to someone neutral, but as for putting something in writing and passing it to your friend.... not sure about that one.

As I said to my doc this morning, I know my judgment is not great when I'm anxious, and I never know which is honest feeling and which is caused by anxiety.

Glad you're feeling a bit calmer, Hang in there. :)

Lisa.

creatrix
24-10-06, 15:18
Lisa, that is exactly it: you can't tell which feelings are real and which are just from the anxiety. I mean, I KNOW I'm not being rational when I try to seek reassurance from [8] - LOL.

creatrix
24-10-06, 15:58
Thanks, Nigel. yes, that article made a lot of sense. And of course the horoscopes are not a good plan... that's usually the biggest sign that I'm not being rational: when I look to "supernatural" things to give me peace, even when i know they will only make matters worse.