PDA

View Full Version : Sudden change in sleeping pattern!

EmilyK83
10-09-13, 09:39
Hi all, new symptom for me to share with you all!

I don't normally sleep very well, as I'm sure many others don't! Normally I get 5-6 hours of sleep per night, and that's enough for me to survive on.

This week's been different though - I've been so tired so early in the evening, and still waking up at the same time - I'm now getting 8-9 hours per night. Yesterday I went to bed at 9.30 (crazily early for me!) as I just couldn't function anymore. Didn't get to sleep till about 11, but hey.

I'm just worried as I made the mistake of Googling and a sudden increase in tiredness can indicate heart failure and other things too :-/

Anyone else had similar? X

mummyanxious
10-09-13, 11:21
Pregnant? Due your period? Coming down with a virus?

EmilyK83
10-09-13, 11:37
Definitely not pregnant, and I've got the implant so no period issues either! Could be a virus, but I guess I just wanted to check if anyone else had suffered with similar issues, as it's starting to panic me a bit!

Or maybe just my body complaining about poor sleeping patterns before? I really don't know :(

HoneyLove
10-09-13, 12:10
I wouldn't worry about one week of increased sleep to be honest. Anxiety is an exhausting problem, and you were only getting 5/6 hours of sleep a night - that's not really enough for most people, especially someone who's going to be a bit worn out from stress.

If you had heart failure you'd be getting a lot more symptoms than this!

I'd take it as a good thing that you're sleeping that bit longer and getting good rest, especially if you are fairly normal during the day and only getting sleepy in the evenings as is normal.

Remember the change to cooler temperatures and less light will also make you feel that bit more exhausted in the evenings & morings.

If it's a case of an overriding tiredness that affects you throughout the day, and lasts for a long time then talk to your GP about it.

Eyji1
10-09-13, 12:14
I've heard of people that sleep little always need to catch up on the sleep in the end.

It could also as you say just be some sort of virus.

Best of luck to you.