PDA

View Full Version : HIV from common contact with small cuts on hands.

Tastee
10-09-13, 20:48
So I have a few small cuts on my fingers/hand.
What are my chances that I could get HIv from common contact ? I am in school and I touched desks and door handles and I'm losing it

cassy1989
10-09-13, 21:14
You wouldn't be able to get hiv from touching something a person with the virus had touched

Tastee
10-09-13, 22:42
I know but what if there was blood on something I touched

hopeforthebest13
11-09-13, 09:45
I think youre over worrying things. I too have fears about hiv bc I Googled the symptoms and magically every time any twitch or ache my body makes I think I have it. But its all in my head. From all the reading I've done I feel like I could write a book. I would say you have nothing to worry about unless you had unprotected Sex with a positive person or shared needles. but even then it will be another gamble bc its harder to transmit to a male. You can't live your life in fear, life's too short. Your missing out on precious moments of your life bc your mind is always thinking the what it's. I hope you find peace with this. God bless

laura1200
11-09-13, 14:25
Unprotected sex or sharing needles are the main ways for hiv to transmit. I would not worry about cuts at all, to put your mind at rest I have cuts on mine from time to time due to my job and I've never contracted hiv.

saab
11-09-13, 18:35
Near impossible I would think. You would have to have hiv blood directly in the wound and even then it wouldn't be certain. It sounds like you are tending towards OCD (not read your other posts), so I would try to start addressing that in general rather than focussing on one issue like hiv.

Anxious_gal
11-09-13, 22:44
Zero chance. You have health anxiety or maybe an OCD contamination thing going on.

peter34uk
12-09-13, 08:00
Once HIV gets out in the open, it dies immediately. It cant live out in the open.

Relax. If your that stressed, get yourself off to a clinic and do the 1 min test. Put you at ease!