PDA

View Full Version : Questions about anxiety?

Kez_miller
10-09-13, 22:31
hi basically i have a few questions about anxiety.

can you have the symptoms of anxiety even when you have those days where you are temp clear of anxiety?

does anxiety speed up your heart rate, again even on days when you are temp clear of anxiety?

thats it really, i have had anxiety for a long time and i guess i have got use to the symptoms, but i have never really asked questions about it too people whom have GAD, SA or HA, and i thought it would be a good idea to find out what other experience as i sometimes question whether it really is just anxiety.

NE21 worrier
10-09-13, 22:38
Yes, I still sometimes notice my 'classic' anxiety symptoms (tight stomach and chest mainly, sometimes throat - basically the digestive system) even when I consider that I am having a better day, certainly at the moment when it is busy at work.

I would say it is a sign simply that you are still physically sensitized by your anxiety. It takes a long time to become de-sensitized, it doesn't happen overnight as much as we wish it would. The key is not to react to it, I guess.

Have you listened/read much Claire Weekes? I feel she explains this well.

Thanks,
Peter

Kez_miller
10-09-13, 22:46
Yes, I still sometimes notice my 'classic' anxiety symptoms (tight stomach and chest mainly, sometimes throat - basically the digestive system) even when I consider that I am having a better day, certainly at the moment when it is busy at work.

I would say it is a sign simply that you are still physically sensitized by your anxiety. It takes a long time to become de-sensitized, it doesn't happen overnight as much as we wish it would. The key is not to react to it, I guess.

Have you listened/read much Claire Weekes? I feel she explains this well.

Thanks,
Peter

claire weekes?? no idea who that is lol! seems she knows her stuff if someone is recommending her?

xvolatileheart
12-09-13, 00:25
Definitely, and that's one of the most annoying things about trying to get better. The way I think of it though, I've been suffering for 1.5 years so it might take my body that long to "heal" and get back to normal. Don't be too hard on yourself, your body is hypersensitive because of anxiety and it will go away eventually, you just can't rush it!