PDA

View Full Version : scared with chest pains

petlover
11-09-13, 01:00
i have i suffered many years with chest pain, i was doing well going out no blips ect and now for the past few weeks i have had chest pain that starts in the middle of my chest and spreads out and in the centre of my back to my neck feels like i am finding it hard to swollow,, had all the heart test done over the years all fine x

Daisy Sue
11-09-13, 06:58
Hi Petlover.... if it's definitely not heart, then I'd say it's got to be gastric... see your GP & hopefully you'll be able to get some meds which can calm things down.

I've had eosophagitis and upper stomach problems which have given me symptoms similar to yours, especially that pain radiating through to my back :( It's horrid, but treatable with the right medication and altered diet.

petlover
12-09-13, 02:23
hi daisy i am on meds for gastric as they think thats what it might be, but i always think the worse, my brother had a enlarged heart it was inherited and i had blood test to see if i was carrying the same gene and i do so have to have heart scans every 3 years, but when i go to the doctor about chest pain they say its not that they think it may be gallstones x

kirstyg
12-09-13, 09:35
My sister has gallstones and it causes alot of pain and heartburn. I also suffer from the pain you are describing and the gp has assured my its anxiety. Even as I type, my upper back and chest is really sore. Someone once told me if its a stabbing or sharp pain then its muscular (anxiety) .
Hope this helps
Kirsty xx:hugs: