PDA

View Full Version : Central Vertigo... Terrified!

fedup36
11-09-13, 12:35
I am really hoping some one can help....
I have just come back from balance testing for my vertigo and they've said I have central vertigo...
This dizziness started in November and I had an MRI in January, the results were clear other than a cyst however the neurosurgeon didn't think the cyst was causing the vertigio. What's scaring me now is I've looked up causes of central vertigo and it could mean MS or a tumour or a stroke... There doesn't seem to be any minor causes of the central vertigo and im sat here crying :( I'm so scared something is wrong and I just don't know what to do :( they kept asking about my MRI and when I'm having my review scan which is end of September...

I'm so so scared :( I feel useless and just don't know what to do....

Daisy Sue
11-09-13, 19:38
Hi there - I just quickly looked up causes, and there ARE non-worrying issues which can lead to this diagnosis, migraine & infection being but two..

If I were in your position, the most pressing thing right now would be my anxiety & fear, and therefore I'd be on the phone to the neurologist's secretary first thing tomorrow morning, explaining what you've been told and how it's affecting you, and see if you can get either a quick appointment, a phone consultation with the neurologist, or at the very least a message from him via the secretary.

Good luck, and try to keep positive - let's hope it's one of the minor causes listed.

fedup36
11-09-13, 20:46
Thanks for your reply.. I phoned the ENTs secretary and said how I was feeling...
She said that she spoke to the balance people and I don't need an urgent appointment. I am taking this as good news and just trying to get on with it! I need to listen to advice I have been given such as worrying about it won't make it go away! So trying to get on with it :( not feeling fantastic but there's not much I can do. Thanks for your advice :)