PDA

View Full Version : Did I have a heart attack? please help SCARED!

JustBenn
11-09-13, 13:14
Hi, I'm 20 years old,

At 9am today, I was stretching my arms in bed then I felt a sudden numb pressure on my heart that got tighter and tighter to the point I had to sit up and put my hands on it, this lasted 15 seconds at the most, it felt like my heart was being sat on,

This is the 2nd time it happen, the last time was a couple of months ago while again I was stretching in bed!

During it I was worried i'm having a heart attack, I could still breath normally, I didn't know what was happening, no other symptoms, I don't have panic attacks,
I am overweight but not massively!

After, when I lied back down to sleep with my hands my head, I could feel a fast but not very fast pause on my hands that lasted like 30 seconds!

Whenever I stretch the arms now, I can feel a mild ache where the tightness was!

Please, is anyone available to talk to me? I'm quite scared, please reassure me!
what do you think it was? What do you think I should do next?

Many Thanks!

skippy66
11-09-13, 14:04
If you had a heart attack I'm 99.99999% certain you would not be able to post on here. You would be either in hospital or dead.

You need to stop looking for reassurance for your health issues on the internet because you won't get it in the long term.

JustBenn
11-09-13, 14:09
If you had a heart attack I'm 99.99999% certain you would not be able to post on here. You would be either in hospital or dead.

You need to stop looking for reassurance for your health issues on the internet because you won't get it in the long term.

I hear about people having mini heart attacks, just worried it might be that!

nomorepanic
11-09-13, 14:16
Heart attack pain is not felt over the heart though

JustBenn
11-09-13, 17:19
Heart attack pain is not felt over the heart though

Thats 100% new news to me! :ohmy:

nomorepanic
11-09-13, 17:45
It is usually central chest pain and not pain over the heart area.

saab
11-09-13, 18:05
I read a forum on heart issues where the cardiologist would always say that if you can make the pain go away by moving or pressing on it, then it is not heart pain. Also, the chances of heart attack at your age is very, very small. Pain whilst stretching will prob be muscular - but when you think logically about it, I am sure you realise that.

Kez_miller
11-09-13, 23:32
i am also over weight and i get this all the time, it turns out mine is actually caused by, acid reflux / indigestion and heart burn, sounds strange but thats what it is, i change my diet and now i dont get it any more :) ask you dr about it!

Jsp
12-09-13, 01:53
Definitely not heart attack. It's could be due to you stretching, does the chest area feel painful to the touch? You really have nothing to worry about. But see your doctor just to put your mind at rest :)

JustBenn
12-09-13, 12:14
I was wondering its still achy today when I sneeze, bend down or move around, if its a pulled muscle, will it cause anything serious if I walk around,

and should I take painkillers?

skippy66
12-09-13, 17:18
I was wondering its still achy today when I sneeze, bend down or move around, if its a pulled muscle, will it cause anything serious if I walk around,

and should I take painkillers?

Will a pulled muscle cause anything serious? No

Should you take painkillers? That's up to you.