PDA

View Full Version : Broken tooth - antibiotic

Ventussi
11-09-13, 17:29
I've been to the dentist today because of my broken tooth, which started to hurt badly. He prescribed me an antibiotic - Clindamycin, 600mg. I have to take it and then she'll pull the remnants of this tooth, because there's some kind of inflammation and it would hurt without antibiotic.

Now I'm afraid of the side-effects of it, especially C. Difficile colitis. Last time, I was taking antibiotic, I had a diarrhea. It wasn't too bad, but it was there. And now i'm a little afraid of it, megacolon toxicum and eventual death :( Don't know what to do.

Speranza
11-09-13, 21:44
Wow, that's some anxiety. Hugs.

My daughter had C Diff. from antibiotics. If we had known it was a possibility though, we would have been onto it much earlier. You will be fine, it is extremely unlikely to happen. Lots of people get diarrhoea from antibiotics - I've just started a course today come to think of it!! :huh:

Anxious_gal
11-09-13, 22:40
Eat lots of probiotic yogurts, the antibiotics kill of even healthy gut bacteria which is often the reason you feel a bit rubbish.

Ventussi
12-09-13, 19:06
Ok, so i started yesterday. 3 doses already, so far, so good. I'm taking probiotics as well. Can't eat yoghurt though, I'm lactose intolerant. I hope it's gonna be alright.

The tooth still hurts badly :( No swelling at least.