PDA

View Full Version : severe fear of aneurysm / general brain malfunction ...

childofgaia
11-09-13, 18:23
hello everyone!
My name is Cassie, i'm 21 and from Canada. this is my first time posting on No More Panic, but I just wanted to thank all of you for the comfort you've provided me (without realizing it) during panicked episodes where i've been googling obsessively...
I am posting here because I am tormented by an obsessive worry (and belief) that I have an unruptured brain aneurysm, or MS, or something that will kill me any moment.

Around january I stopped taking the birth control pill, which gave me horrible side effects of migraines and just generally being off. I noticed around february/march that my vision constantly pulses and throbs with my heartbeat. My doctor told me this was a type of migraine and tried to perscribe me an anti-depressant, but I am very skeptical and against most pharmaceutical drugs so I did not take them. I then developed headaches, and got more and more anxious. My symptoms now are as follows:

- blurry vision, things seem bright (sensitive to light) and my vision continues to pulse when I am staring at something, it shakes also, always in time with my heart beat.
- stabbing and/or shooting pains on the side of my head, my temples, or above/below my eyes.
-ear aches/pressure without infections.
- sometimes, without warning, i'll get sudden rushes where I feel this intense pressure building up in my head and a dizziness that leaves me shaky, but only lasts a few seconds.

My dentist told me that I have dislocated TMJ joints on the left and ride side of my face, but I do not believe that TMJ could cause all these alarming symptoms. My family doctor refuses to send me to a neurologist, as I guess there isn't enough proof that I need a brain scan??

So here I am, asking for anyone's advice/opinions. In the event that I cannot see a neurologist I suppose i'll either have to wait for the day this potential aneurysm ruptures and I am hospitalized, or try to move on...but the "what-if" will not let me rest.

love and light to all of you <3

aggiecuttler
11-09-13, 18:54
Hi there, you have health anxiety, and your dr is probably right in that you need some help to get over this, you would probably find the AD they wanted you to have would help you to get over your fears. You cannot live with constant worry so go back to your dr to sort out of your health fears.
The chances of you having an aneurysm are probably remote, so try not to worry yourself, if you are still concerned you should go back to your dr to discuss your fears, good luck and blessings

childofgaia
11-09-13, 19:06
thanks for your speedy reply! i would prefer to overcome this without the use of chemical drugs, however. <3 "probably remote"...this is my concern! however I have no family history of them, as far as I am aware of..

saab
11-09-13, 22:00
Part of overcoming health anxiety is learning to live with uncertainty. You could have ms or an aneurism - but what is the actual most likely explanation? It's that you have health anxiety and migraine headaches. I would think your dr would know the symptoms of aneurism, though I can understand your reluctance to take anti depressants too. I hope you feel better soon.

Gingernut
11-09-13, 23:44
Hi, I too get these sudden rushes in my head and the headaches and dizziness, I also have TMJ problems that I have had for years. I actually went to my doctors and dentist yesterday as my TMJ is playing up and the headaches and rushes have been worrying me (I've been getting them almost daily for months), after checking my heart, bp and pulse also what I had told him he just sed it was one of those things that can happen for NO serious reason and not to worry. Just because your doc has given you antidepressants dont feel that you MUST take them. I was only on them for 3 whole days and couldnt handle the side effects so stopped taking them. It is coming up to my 1yr of HA and I have been getting through it with no drugs, willpower, councilling and these wonderful people on No More Panic, please trust your doctor, its what he has trained years for and if you really don't trust him then change if possible (there is no point getting health advice from someone you don't trust, if you know what I mean) Hope your feeling better.

Jayne x

Moxie-girly
30-01-17, 23:24
Did any of you find out what this is? I have the same thing going on! Please help.

Kate10
30-01-17, 23:44
Dilated pupils is a clinical sign of anxiety which can result in light sensitivity. You're eyes dilate as a response to the flight or fight hormone. Hope this helps you find ease with that symptom. ALso, if you clench your jaw, grind your teeth that can bring on headaches and TMJ as well. I would try to go back to the doctor and describe your fears and see if he can reassure you more. Have you tried any natural anti-anxiety remedies. I am starting those currently. Exercising, deep breathing, meditation, and some herbals.

Moxie-girly
31-01-17, 02:28
Thank you Kate!

I'm on some herbs that help with adrenal fatigue. I cut alcohol and caffeine. I'm still having difficulty focusing but it's getting better day by day.

I guess I just have that seed planted that I had an unruptured aneurysm. Over the past month it really just felt like I needed my brain to heal.