PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Cardiac Death

scrumking
11-09-13, 19:01
Hello all,

Yes I have health anxiety anxiety but I need some help one of my biggest fears is sudden cardiac death I am only 31 but I smoke and am overweight so it kinda freaks me out even more so I am working on both. My doc ordered a full blood work up and ekg and a 24 hour holter all which came back normal except for a slightly enlarged Heart. So herein lies the problem I recently started taking cipralex 10mg and of course being a googler I googled the medication and found there is a risk of sudden cardiac death to people with heart conditions and being that I have an enlarged heart I am really freaked it about it.

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be appreciated

saab
11-09-13, 22:15
Maybe an enlarged heart doesn't count as a heart condition? Have you discussed your concerns about taking the drug with your doc? 10mg sounds like a small dose but if it is worrying you have another chat with him or her.

Exercise is great for anxiety and depression - as good as drugs according to some studies - and would help with losing weight too. I think a 24hr monitor would have shown up any heart issues, but maybe you can use your anxiety in a positive way to make the lifestyle changes that will improve your physical ahd mental health.

These books are good for depression and anxiety:

Claire Weekes - Self Help for your Nerves
Richard Carlson -;Stop Thinking Start Living
Robert Leahy - The Worry Cure

scrumking
11-09-13, 22:18
thank you for your response my doc is aware of my concerns and like many other people here i wish i could have the same confidence nothing will happen as he does