PDA

View Full Version : Migraine - HA gone into overdrive

scared22
11-09-13, 19:21
I've suffered with migraines since age of 18 (28 now) I'd get them maybe one or two a year, and even gone a year or more without them. I had a cluster of them in early pregnancy and again once my son was born which I was ok about and knew it was probably hormonal.

In July I had two in one day, and again yesterday I suffered two in one day. They always start with the blind spots, turning to wiggly lines then the head pain and nausea accompanied by an odd feeling in my face/arm.

Last night when I was trying to sleep after my second attack I woke up within seconds/minutes gasping for breath. When I woke this morning I still had a mild headache, felt totally washed out and still had the funny feeling in my face.

What is worrying me is this - I have a neck problem (trapped nerve and severe muscle tightness on one side) this causes me to have pain down an arm quite regularly. The muscle tightness can cause my face to have the same feeling as when I have a migraine (slightly numb but can still feel everything) although it does take me all my time to convince my anxiety that the feeling in my face isn't to do with a brain tumour.

When I have these migraines the pain in my arm and feeling in my face intensify. They are in the same place I always get them, just worse so now I'm thinking maybe these sensations aren't to do with my neck and I do have a brain problem, that's why they are worse when I have a migraine.

Went to drs this morning but he did not do a neurological exam on me just asked questions and gave me tablets to take if I feel another attack coming.

I've been in a constant state of high anxiety all day. I've felt washed out and fuzzy headed all day and my face has kept feeling funny on and off. I'm convinced I have something really wrong and terrified ill get another attack.

saab
11-09-13, 22:29
Cant really advise, just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon. There are other signs of brain tumour not just headaches and I'm sure your gp will know them and be aware of what to look for.

Kez_miller
11-09-13, 22:34
I've suffered with migraines since age of 18 (28 now) I'd get them maybe one or two a year, and even gone a year or more without them. I had a cluster of them in early pregnancy and again once my son was born which I was ok about and knew it was probably hormonal.

In July I had two in one day, and again yesterday I suffered two in one day. They always start with the blind spots, turning to wiggly lines then the head pain and nausea accompanied by an odd feeling in my face/arm.

Last night when I was trying to sleep after my second attack I woke up within seconds/minutes gasping for breath. When I woke this morning I still had a mild headache, felt totally washed out and still had the funny feeling in my face.

What is worrying me is this - I have a neck problem (trapped nerve and severe muscle tightness on one side) this causes me to have pain down an arm quite regularly. The muscle tightness can cause my face to have the same feeling as when I have a migraine (slightly numb but can still feel everything) although it does take me all my time to convince my anxiety that the feeling in my face isn't to do with a brain tumour.

When I have these migraines the pain in my arm and feeling in my face intensify. They are in the same place I always get them, just worse so now I'm thinking maybe these sensations aren't to do with my neck and I do have a brain problem, that's why they are worse when I have a migraine.

Went to drs this morning but he did not do a neurological exam on me just asked questions and gave me tablets to take if I feel another attack coming.

I've been in a constant state of high anxiety all day. I've felt washed out and fuzzy headed all day and my face has kept feeling funny on and off. I'm convinced I have something really wrong and terrified ill get another attack.

hi, im sorry to hear that you have HA over the migraines, i absolutely can relate to everything, i had convinced myself for ages that i had a brain timor, but after reading about them from a trusted source, i realised just how rare brain tumours were! i like you get the blind spots, and basically go blind for 20-30 mins before the head pain, nausea and feeling in face and arms, and sometimes that effects can last days after, not necessarily the head pain, but the feeling fuzzy, weak, tired and generally un well, so i asked my dr, he said there is something called pre and post drone migraines, turns out everyone who has proper migraines has a pattern of symptoms days before, during and days after the migraine, to warn that one is coming or one is going! thats when i stopped worrying about them! millions of people have them! however i do have a panic attack at the same time as i go "blind" for 20 minutes even though i know what it is :) not much help im sorry but i can relate :)