PDA

View Full Version : stressing over ms .. trapped nerve or a terminal illness

Anxious lu
12-09-13, 01:40
So I have had this on off problem with my hip where by when lying in some positions or wearing certain clothing I experience numbness. I had an unrelated mri scan after these symptoms started which came back all clear.
however when I started exercising I began to experience a pins and needles in my lower back above the bum.. this has subsided since I stopped squatting and wall sits..
when mentioning my symptoms to a personal trainer she said she feels I have a trapped nerve as the symptoms relieve when I changed position..and this type of nerve trapping is common with woman.. I find.this hard to accept as I experience no pain.. the skin on my thigh used to burn in cold weather but that is all..

lately I am obsessing and panicking over this.. my buttock on this same side when sitting for a while experiences a numb pinching sensation as if a lack of circulation and the same in my shin.. also the toes on this same leg play me up and get numb in certain shoes...

help me I am terrified of ms.. before my mri my doctor said when mentioning my hip not to worry as these things happen but I was goinf to the doctors often at that point.. I cant see why it has got worse and my only conclusion is MS..
anxiety is high at the moment so I am achy and twitchy.. I relate this to anxiety because when I was anxiety free these symptoms such as twitches aches and clicking vanished..

do you think a nerve could effect me like this or is it ms!?!?!

Anxious lu
12-09-13, 07:45
Help

Tilly Flop
12-09-13, 08:06
A trapped or pinched nerve can easily cause numbness or altered sensation without any pain, so I'd say what you've been told sounds totally sensible. X

Anxious lu
12-09-13, 10:43
Okay thank you I am so worked up x

Anxious lu
13-09-13, 00:12
Still totally stressing over this I just had an anxiety attack because my legs have been twitching loads ive had this before and it stopped I just want it to stop.i feel like something is really wrong with me here ...

Darbysa
13-09-13, 08:21
Lucy
These are exactly the symptoms of a pinched nerve. Have a look at Panic Persons post later today ( sorry I am hopeless at posting links). I have this myself and whilst there is no pain it can still be quite unnerving (pardon the pun!). The twitching is probably because you have got yourself wound up and worried. This causes muscle tension and twitching. You are fine.
Sal

Anxious lu
13-09-13, 09:49
Oh thank you I have woken up today with absolute relief reading that.. I wonder if the doctor can do anything x thanks again

Button1
15-09-13, 08:50
I had this EXACT thing and it was a trapped nerve- it does freak you out and I thought I had ms too but it went eventually...xxx