PDA

View Full Version : severe pain in arm after blood test?

emmaemz
12-09-13, 06:27
hi, i had my blood taken as i've been feeling really lethargic and very achy limbs and headaches and dizzy and docs cant find anything wrong so ordered some blood tests. the nurse tried once and nothing came out so she took the needle out and it wouldn't stop bleeding for ages. then she attempted it again slightly further along but used a syringe type thing to draw the blood out? and it was fine. it hasnt bruised but it is soo painful in my upper arm and slightly swollen. its been two days now and ive had my blood taken loads and never experienced this before, does anyone know if its normal? (i have a habit of being a bit of a hypocondriac lol)

aggiecuttler
13-09-13, 10:03
Hi we all react differently to things like this, so i would not worry. I have my bloods taken reguarly and i dont seem to have to many problems re; pain.
It probably is a bit tender, i would not worry, it has stopped bleeding now i assume? Your platlets are probably a bit low, this is nothing to worry about.
try and forget it and the tenderness will go, you may get a small bruise where the needle went in but thats fine blessings