PDA

View Full Version : night time panic attacks

cat85pink
12-09-13, 09:26
Does anyone have any advice on not worrying about about night time panic?

I fell asleep last night with the tv on after a long day sorting things for moving house,

I woke up around 2am my husband had just come to bed and started to have a conversation with me, I knew what he was say but didn't know how to respond, or what was happening, I felt terrified & didn't know what day it was & mixed up with dreams & reality, I started sweating & feeling really sick, my heart racing, and in panic over moving,

I put my headphones in & felt asleep listening to the radio for distraction

I had to be up at 8 for an appointment, im feeling tired & down, & worried about sleeping tonight if I could sleep now I would without worry, maybes im scared of waking in the dark, or feel better as im alone & hubbys at work so can't disturb me, ?

Anxious_gal
12-09-13, 13:05
That was because part of your brain was still asleep. It takes a while for you to fully wake up.

If someone talks to me after I wake up, I'm just all confused and can't talk. It really annoys me when people expect me to be able to respond to them when I have just woken up and am trying to figure out what's gong on.

PanchoGoz
12-09-13, 13:20
It's called confusional arousal or sleep drunkenness, common if you've had a stressful day or taking on too much responsibility. I have similar things happen, just a couple of days ago I spent all day setting up a bills bank account and packing to go back to university and I woke up in the night thinking I had to, for some reason, put the lawnmower in the shed. I even got up and opened my locked door which I lock to stop me sleepwalking. Doh!
It does worry you a night or two afterwards but the memory will fade. Don't stress yourself too much, do something relaxing before bed.

cat85pink
12-09-13, 15:01
Yes I was up really early yesterday had loads to do, and before bed I sorted all our bills like you just mentioned, and wondered when we'll be back on track after the move, buying paint etc has knocked us wrong, I also knew today I had to ring the gas company to uncap my gas supply at the new place, ive been waiting on them coming since 8am yesterday and still no further forward today, we are moving on Tuesday, ive been painted but im sick of having no hot water & its so cold, super stressed!

Thank you for your replies its nice to feel supported :-D